We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

Hi,

I would like to buy a ticket this month in February, for travel on July 1st. So we have this huge Filipino grocery store and something I see often at Seafood City, are copies of Philippine newspapers. Inside, there happens to be many small ads of what seems to be "mom & pop" travel agencies you've never heard of offering RT flights close to $600 here or $700 there. Sometimes $500! Can anyone vouch for these? As it stands I cant find an economy flight for under $1000, currently $1300.

Thanks...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

Book direct with the airlines. If you do go the way of discounted fares through 3rd parties, read the T&C's very carefully ...lots of complaints on TA deal with similar issues.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

Still looking....I keep seeing RT for around $800 but when I click on them it seems like bait and switch. I saw ASAPTickets had something for $900. Are theere any other sites like these that are solid?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,663 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

Hi,

You do find this a lot from some markets on the west coast to Asia.. Daly City for travel to the Philippines, Los Angeles' Thai Town for travel to Bangkok, Long Beach for travel to Vietnam etc...

It is possible that these agents have better fares than the general public as some agents who sell in sufficiently large volumes to community residents, may have entered into a dedicated sales agreement with the carrier that entitles the agent to buy a block of seats at a specially negotiated fare.. Some airlines also support these agents with promotional materials or co-advertising.

but... be sure you ASK the agent specifically about ALL restrictions, as it's also common for these bulk fares to have more restrictions than a fare purchased directly from the carrier might have... this includes things like mileage accrual, totally non-changeable, non-nonrefundable and/or upgradeable.

If you want to check on the legitimacy of the deal, I suggest you call the carriers local sales office-- while they commonly won't discuss the fare agreements between them and the airline with you, most will confirm that the agent in question is or is not a legitimate ticketing source.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 11:51 pm, February 16, 2013
4. Re: Which agency for cheapest ticket from Los Angeles to Manila?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 18, 2014