We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot baggage allowances

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Scoot baggage allowances

HI there, just wanted to ask any recent Scoot travelers about pre booked baggage.

I am looking at booking for Singapore with 2A and 2C and just want to make sure I am booking enough for my baggage allowance. The Fly/bag/eat fare includes 15kg of checked baggage each. If my husband and I have 1 bag between us only does that mean we can have a combined weight of 30kg or does one of us need to buy an additional 15kg luggage allowance when I book?

We usually try to travel with 2 suitcases between the 4 of us however Scoot does not allow you to book different types of fares within 1 booking so if we had 2 tickets booked without luggage we would have to do them on an entirely separate booking.

Thanks for your help, I don't want to get hit with excess baggage at check in.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

All passengers travelling on the one booking number are allowed to combine their baggage to reach weight.

30kg between 4 on the way over is probably easy enough, but after some good Asian Shopping it will not be suitable for the return leg.

We recently travelled with 2ad and 2ch, and really needed the 60kg on the way back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

Thanks for your reply Douglass4, we will have 15kg each which will give us 60kg all up, I just wanted to make sure it can be combined. Scoot seems to very very strict with baggage and I didn't want to misinterpret their rules and get caught out. Thanks for your help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

By the way Douglass4 how did you find the flight?

I don't really have very high expectations, it's very hard to go past the fact that we can save about $1500 by booking with them.....

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

Absolutely fantastic. I could not fault it at all.

We found all aspects entirely suitable and consistent with what we expected for the price.

Depending on you budget, we paid an extra (AUD20, i think) for the Super seats in the last 4 rows of the plane. We found this great as they are in 2's. So we had 1 adult seated with 1 child, and with the extra legroom it was heaven.

We saved over $2500 with Scoot vs Jetstar/QF/SQ, and would much rather spend that on a nice hotel / tours etc.

I am 6ft3 and 120kgs, yet had no issue with space. The meals were fairly average, but who flies for the food. P.S - The kids won't eat the meal, so make sure you take something for them to snack on.

If you take an empty water bottle on board, there is free chilled water on board as well. The new Scoot TV, which is streamed to your device (or you can hire an ipad) is also really good.

We had some minor (45min-1hr) delays, but I have had worse experiences with QF andother major airlines over the years.

My mother, who is an accomplished world traveller (usually business class), also said how surprised she was at the product, considering the price, and she sat in a centre row 'standard' seat.

At the end of the day, as long as you don't experience a delay, the overall product is above expectation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

Will be flying Scoot with friend from Sydney to Singapore very soon and just want to get the baggage allowance straight. Is it correct that we are allowed 15kg for check in luggage each and carry on bag 5kg and handbag 3kg. Is this correct? It is just that I don't want any nasty surprises when we front up at the airport. Appreciate advice please.

Wellington
Level Contributor
487 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

I understand it is carry-on 7kg plus laptop 3kg. I emailed them asking if you could have a handbag as well as laptop bag and they said yes - however this contradicts info I later found on their website which says one or the other.

I'm just taking a 7kg carry-on and would be interested in hearing if anyone has had these weighed at check-in. Mine is currently just on 8kgs - seems crazy to charge excess baggage for a kilo but you never know!!

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

Yes, in most cases your cabin baggage is weighed (and stickered) at the check in counter.

They may not charge you for the 1kg over, but they will ask you to take 1kg out of cabin bag and put it in check in luggage.

In regards to the 'handbag' question. The total of your cabin baggage is weighed (if they are being efficient). And it is important to differentiate between a tradional handbag vs a big deep bag that some might call a 'beachbag' or 'shopping bag'.

Wellington
Level Contributor
487 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

Thanks, I only have a cabin bag so putting it in checked luggage is not an option!

9. Re: Scoot baggage allowances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 08, 2014