We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar vs Emirates

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
57 posts
58 reviews
Qatar vs Emirates

i am travelling from Dubai to Washington with kids.

Have heard that Qatar is better than Emirates airline and offers more leg space than Emirates along with being better in hospitality,

thanks

87 replies to this topic
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
192 reviews
1. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

I don't think there's much difference in the service so my choice would be based on schedule.

Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

I have used both and would much prefer Qatar over emirates, having said that I find the IFE on emirates to be better and more up to date .

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

Having travelled both in economy and business I would say they are both pretty similar in economy and with not an awful lot of room but good service on both carriers.

Business class both are excellent but I preferred Qatar to Emirates the attention to detail I found better and the overall experience from start to finish was near perfect.

:-)

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
13,416 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

I have used both in economy. Qatar is better than Emirates in my opinion but only slightly. The legroom I thought was more in Qatar and I was actually able to sleep without feeling cramped and having to bend my legs back uncomfortably. Service and food was excellent. I would most certainly choose them again. Having said that Emirates is not a bad airline to fly with either.

If I were to rate them I'd give Qatar 9/10 and Emirates 8/10. You can't go far wrong with either.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
57 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

thanks a lot everyone for the advice.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

Not much difference, though Qatar Airways economy product has recently reduced. No more hot towels, and only one kind of red wine and white wine.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
1,444 reviews
7. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

I would go with price and the better schedule although I give Emirates the slight edge.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
447 reviews
8. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

In my view it depends on the aircraft. QR A330 is a terrible product while QR B777 is great! Check seatguru.com/airlines/…fleetinfo.php for the numbers. I've only flown B777s on EK and found it at par with other airlines. seatguru.com/airlines/…fleetinfo.php for the numbers.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
155 reviews
9. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

I quite like the Qatar A330-- the rows of 2 on each side are perfect for couples. That said, you'll be travelling with kids, so won't matter.

I would really think about schedule because you are travelling with young ones. Doha is not a great airport to spend a long time in.

On board, I think both carriers are great with kids. Good entertainment and both offer special kids' packs (colouring books, etc) plus kids meals if necessary.

Definitely base your decision on schedule and/or price. They are both good airlines.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Qatar vs Emirates

Qatar by a long way, Economy the air crew go that extra mile.

Not just me thinks this take a look at the Skytrax air review. Emirates averaging 6/10 to Qatar who have maintained an average of 9/10 for the past 3 years.

Also preferring Etihad to Emirates having just flown with them for the first time

Reply to: Qatar vs Emirates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted