We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info from Etihad Airways

Kasane, Botswana
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Info from Etihad Airways

"We are writing to tell you about an upgrade to the Etihad Airways passenger sales, Etihad Guest and Etihad Airways websites and check-in systems on Saturday, 23 February 2013. The upgrade of our systems is part of our continuing efforts to further enhance our award-winning travel experience. To enable these improvements, there will be some interruptions to our systems as we perform this upgrade. This will mean that from the evening of 22 February to the evening of 23 February (UAE local time) you will be unable to do the following online, through our contact centres, travel agents or through our shops in the UAE: Make a commercial or redemption booking. Change or cancel a booking. Check-in other than at the airport. Upgrade with Etihad Guest Miles. Purchase an upgrade at the airport.All Etihad Airways flights will operate as scheduled during the upgrade. We expect the system upgrade to be completed by 24 February 2013."

Edited: 2:45 am, February 02, 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

It is about time Etihad finally upgrade their website.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

Glad to hear it.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
66 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

Yes, great but any flights booked before this can't be modified such as seating. I have family members traveling to Paris in April and just tried to look at the booking and it states can only modify bookings made after the 23Feb so impossible to assign seats or special meals. Unsure about will we be able to online check in now 24 hours before hand.

Munich, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

and here some comments from a still loyal Etihad Guest Gold Member:

- new website is still not working.

- german rail & fly tickets are not bookable online

- if different booking classes for a return flight are choosen: pricing is very often not possible

- modify booking (for booking after February 2013) is not possible 3 of 5 times

- online upgrade with miles is 5 of 5 times not possible

- service/call center is often not answering and if they do, it will take at least 15 minutes and in 2 of 5 calls you will be kicked out

- etihad guest / earn mall is not working - 100% empty content

- and so on so on so on ...

I had 3 long haul flights from Europa to Asia on Etihad this year, not even one of them was without any problem. (long delays, missing miles, seat changes, closed lounges, lost baggage, missed connection, etc)

I still hope that all these problems will be solved soon. But as I am a patient person and believe that all these issues can happen once and may be only temporarly, today I have booked again a return ticket FRA-AUH-BKK in Y. But again I am not able to modify my booking, and I am now loosing my faith in that.

Next week I will send requests for status matches to Emirates and Qatar. I never had such troubles with them and I am sure their reservation system is working better and their FF-Program is more professional and both are taking more care of their loyal guest.

Thank you for giving me the chance to share my experiences with Etihad and thanks for reading.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

We tried to book flights through their website for about a month and in the end booked with Qatar because it was impossible, I wonder how much business they've lost because of this.

6. Re: Info from Etihad Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2014