We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

We are travelling to Dubai in April and funds permitting we are considering upgrading to business class. Having never travelled in business class on Emirates i am uncertain as to whether there is a difference in the business class seats, experience etc on a 777 as compared to an A380. We will be travelling from Gatwick on a Boeing 777.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,530 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

I've frequently travelled on both 777 and the A380 J class.

A lot of people think service is better on the 777 because it has less J seats so more attention, but I havent noticed a difference.

I prefer the A380 with the cabin upstairs and the bar at the back and more privacy.

Every pax has aisle access because of the odd seat configuration and a little mini-bar with soft drinks and water and they are lie flat beds with mattresses.

The 777 has angle flat seats - not fully flat.

You can check the cabin plans on:

www.seatguru.com

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

I haven't noticed a difference between service on the 777 and A380.

Personally I prefer the A380 because of the fact that every pax has direct aisle access. The 777 is very nice, but the seating plan is old style and I wouldn't want to be in the middle row.

If you can afford the upgrade, absolutely go for it, regardless of the aircraft. Emirates Business is lovely.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

Beware, once you go business class, it is really hard to think about going back to economy! EK business is really good, in my experience.

Flying from Oz, we get the A380 to DXB and then a 777 to our final destination and I quite like them both.

The 777 feels more roomy to me. I am only small and can barely reach the seat pocket in front of me. I love the feeling of space.

The A380 feels a bit 'cave like' to me, but that also means it feels very, very private. The mini bar thingy also provides useful storage space, particularly for a laptop or something like that. And the direct aisle access is good, it means I don't have to stop over my sleeping husband! Also the bar is really nice, even just for coffee. It is nice to get out of the seat for awhile and meet some of the other pax.

So personally I think they are both good. ENJOY!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

A380 business class has the bar area at the back, so you can get a complimentary drink and help yourself to more bar style food, and haagen daz! But i thought there was a more attentive service on the 777 - repeatedly offered drinks and food, this balances out the lack of bar.

Personally i preferred the 777 cabin, feels better quality. The A380 seems cavernous and bit more plasticky, but the personal mini bar is a nice touch. But there is the new A380 terminal at Dubai which includes an entirely separate area for each class of passenger!

In summary, they are both great! Emirates business class service is quite special - depending on airport it can include chauffeur drive to and from airport, lounge access and fast track security passes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

I'm so pleased you say that CV76. We are flying EK 433 business class next week. I have read some dreadful reviews about this flight.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

I prefer the A380 business class seats because as others have said they lie fully flat unlike 777. Also the bar is spacious and comfy on A380.

7. Re: Emirates Business Class A380 versus 777

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014