We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

Calgary
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

In April, 2012, our (unnamed so far) airline cancelled a flight from NZ to Fiji and offered us a refund - in writing, with "no fees' deducted . By rerouting we had to cancel the ongoing leg of the same airline's service (Fiji- Honolulu) and they confirmed they'd also refund that cost. They also confirmed both refunds with our travel agent, in Calgary. Past fall, they refunded ~10% of the cost of the tickets. The refund amount should be ~$2,500 Cdn/US. Our travel agent says she is pursuing this, but...April is now 10 month ago. Any advice please?

PerryCanuck

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

Why are you messing around with this? Dispute with your credit card company.

Calgary
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

Good point, but waaaay too late by the time we realized the airline was being difficult. I'd needed to do that (credit card) within 30 days, but...because I had a letter from the airline...didn't need to do that. Yuh.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

I don't know exactly what is going on, but it appears your TA is not acting too swiftly. What airline is this? I see no need to keep the name a secret, is there?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,690 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

As Gracie said, your CC provider should have been your first point of call once you realised that the airline wasn't playing ball.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

can only be air pacific

Calgary
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

I'd prefer not to mention the airline's name until I give up hope of getting my appropriate refund. :-)

7. Re: South Pacific Airline renegging on refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2014