We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

Hi this is the first time we have travelled to Thailand (travelling June/July 2012) and have booked our holiday through Thomson they are using EVA air from Heathrow to bangkok and I had a couple of questions

1. Can you book your seats in advance and how do you do this if I am booked with Thompson?

1. Is there any advantages for joining the Evergreen Club just for this one holiday or is there no point as I am booked through Thompsons?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Rugbygal

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,296 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

I don't see any advantage for you in joining the FF club unless you plan to use EVA quite a bit in the future. EVA is a very good carrier, by the way.

You should contact your agents about booking the seats.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,073 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

I cannot help with the issues regarding the fact you booked your trip through Thomsons (presumably as part of a package) but we have had decent experiences with EVA air.

As we booked directly, were were able to book our seats 100 days before travel. I don't know whether this is the same for you.

As to joining the Evergreen Club. Yes, absolutely sign up. EVA are due in 2013 to join Star Alliance, perhaps the largest of the airline networks. You should then be able to use your points on other carriers to other destinations (but do note that the points you will early by flying LHR - BKK return won't be enough on their own to get you anywhere).

SWT

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

many thanks for your replies - I will get in touch with Thompsons and see where we go from there - because it is our first adventure to Thailand (although everybody that has been before us says it wont be are last!!) we decided to go the package route.

thanks again

4. Re: EVA Air and their Evergreen Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 02, 2014