We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
26 reviews
Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Is the comfort level that much different on these 2 carriers,that one can charge $400 more then the other .I haven't flown Air Transat in 9 years and have heard they have improved since then .I have flown air Canada recently had no problems.Any opinions on Air Transat Vs Air Canada???

Thx

Canada
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

You definitely have more space on Air Canada...otherwise, meh.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

Air Canada has many flights every day of the week to a variety of European cities. Air Transat=charter type airline=nowhere near the frequency of service of Air Canada.

That explains some of the price difference.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,789 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

The last time someone asked this I looked at Air Transat's seat pitch and width and it sounded from a comfort perspective as though it was borderline inhumane even by economy class standards. For the $400 difference you might be able to fly their "Club" product which appears a tad more comfortable than AC's economy class.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
23,490 posts
83 reviews
4. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

My cousin always flys Air Canada to Europe he loves it.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

I was shocked to see that Air Transat is still flying the A310 on some routes to Europe - talk about old!

6. Re: Air transat vs Air Canada to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014