We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Topic
Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

'm flying from SFO on UAL to LA for a connecting UALflight to Tokyo. How much time will I need to connect in LA?

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

assuming u are on one ticket and all the formalities are done in SFO, u will transfer from one flight to the other in the secure area of UA's terminal in LAX.

one hour is more than enough.

i have done it in far less.

Edited: 4:04 pm, January 29, 2013
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,905 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

I agree that the transfer shouldn't take much time as you are just walking from one gate to another gate within the same terminal!

Be aware that international flights often start boarding 1 hr. before take off so I like to be at the gate before that happens.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,861 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

I would go with a minimum transfer time of 1 hour so you can account for some delays for your inbound flight. You don't need anything like 2 or 3 hours though.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

I personally would go for a 2 hour connection, but that's me being conservative and wanting some slack in case of a delay. It's an international connection after all.

5. Re: Connection time from domestic to international at LAX on UAL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 31, 2014