We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

Helsinki, Finland
4 posts
Save Topic
NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

Air Baltic don't care about customers!

Standard answers u get true claims true AirBaltic

“I truly regret to hear that you missed your next flight; however I am glad that you were provided with alternative way to reach your final destination as well as with care during waiting time. I truly regret to hear that our offered care did not meet your expectations.”

They did provide that alternative way with 24h delay even it was possible to do a reroute that have been 7h shorter wait BUT we do not care about customers.

And what a care I did get. The picture show what u need to survive during 24h BUT we don't care about customers.

NEVER FLY WITH AIRBALTIC!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

You get points for punctuation and the use of paragraphs as well as for not including the word "ripoff" in the title.

However you lose points because you included "never fly"with capital letters and you never mentioned how you failed to catch the original flight

Edited: 8:05 am, January 15, 2013
Helsinki, Finland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

As airBaltic put it "I also would like to inform you that the flight on the route Kiev-Riga on January 1st, 2013 unfortunately was delayed due to extraordinary circumstances. I can assure you that we did everything possible to speed up departure and ensure timely arrival."

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

What did you expect if the flight was delayed due to extraordinary circumstances - this could have happened with any airline.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,021 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

"They did provide that alternative way with 24h delay even it was possible to do a reroute that have been 7h shorter wait BUT we do not care about customers."

With Air Baltic or with another airline?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

Quick elvispin name ONE airline that has NEVER had a single problem of any kind.

I need to know because the never fly such and such an airline rant list is really long.

Helsinki, Finland
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

This is not that airlines can have problems. This is how they treat customers. On this day there was not only me stranded, there where many others from other destinations also.

Why couldn't the offer a shorter delay time to me? It was first with airBaltic and the with another airline.

Why couldn't my connection flight wait for us? As airlines with good customer support would have pickup me from the my flight and drive me directly to my connection flight.

Why couldn't they provide me with food for the hole 24 hours as stated in the law?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

As airlines with good customer support would have pickup me from the my flight and drive me directly to my connection flight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which airlines?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

"Why couldn't my connection flight wait for us?" - So you want to delay everybody else on the second flight - how would they feel about Airbaltic's customer service.

No doubt we'd get a lot of "never fly" posts from them.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

>>Why couldn't my connection flight wait for us?<<

What a great idea, so then they can have not one planeload of people inconvenienced but a whole bunch of them all the way down the line.

>> even it was possible to do a reroute that have been 7h shorter wait<<

You can't really know that, may have looked good on paper but you don't know the reasons that made it unviable. Face it, it's not in their interests to p--- off customers for any longer than they have to, so if they could have got you out of their hair any earlier I have no doubt they would have.

Feeding you would have been a good idea but possibly again there was a reason why they couldn't. In your shoes I would have just bought food at the airport and claimed it on my travel insurance and let them fight it out with the airline for compensation.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,021 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NEVER Fly With airBaltic!

"Why couldn't the offer a shorter delay time to me? It was first with airBaltic and the with another airline."

Then that's probably your answer. AB wasn't going to pay for a ticket on another airline when they could reroute you for free at a later time. That's fair enough IMO. Of course, you have a right to care but is sounds as if they provided that.