We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM vs. Delta

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
KLM vs. Delta

We are booking a trip soon to AMS from DTW. We can either book directly from Delta or book through KLM with flights operated by Delta. Are there any advantages, flight services, etc, to booking through KLM? The price is the same.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLM vs. Delta

No difference in booking with either KLM or Delta although if prices are the same I'd probably just book with the operating carrier i.e. Delta.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,875 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KLM vs. Delta

Assuming you are collecting Delta Skymiles, book with Delta. Should not be a difference either way, but I have found hiccups at times with miles posting for partner bookings. I had to notify Delta after my last AeroMexico coded, Delta operated flight since my miles didn't post automatically. Was several hundred dollars cheaper in that case, so it made sense to book the AeroMexico flight.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLM vs. Delta

It really doesn't matter but given an option I would suggest keeping it DL. In addition to cost and mileage, also check to see if you can book seats if you're booking with the opposite carrier. That can also sometimes be a problem.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KLM vs. Delta

If the flights on the KLM site are operated by DL. book on the Delta site. All serboces will be the same regardless of where you book.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,743 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KLM vs. Delta

Go with the majority Delta.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KLM vs. Delta

Delta, although in the end doubt it matters much

7. Re: KLM vs. Delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2014