We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair prices!!!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair prices!!!

is it me or has anyone else who has been checking prices noticed that Ryanair prices are extortionate this year?

By the time you add on their inflated extras, they will not be any cheaper than many mainstream airlines!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Hi

Booking a flight with Ryanair is like playing a game, you have to know exactly when to make your move. Looking at flights more than about three months before you intend to travel, or within a couple of weeks, then you will pay top dollar.

But about three months before your date of travel there is an excellent chance that the price will drop to between £10 to £30 for each flight. That is when you make the booking. It is a risk but it has always worked for me. Also the full service airlines are often still offering relatively low prices three months before the flight.

Jackie

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

I've been looking at flights to Malaga in September with Easyjet and the costs for the two of us are looking at least £150 more this year than two years ago when we last went.

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

The thing that gets me every time FR are mentioned is ridiculous comments like "inflated extras", you know them before you book, so you have the option.

Leicslad, the prices may have increased, but is there a cheaper way? I use FR to fly to Poland, would I rather fly BA, yes, but they get me to places nobody else fly to. It really depends what route you fly, and if you work out how much more it would be with other airlines.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

"you know them before you book, so you have the option."

Doesn't stop them being inflated. Just because you know something is a rip-off doesn't stop it being a rip-off.

The point is there is no competition on those routes, no other direct flights, for less or more money. So talking about competition is moot. If there was choice I would probably use it, even if it cost a bit more. I do on routes where that choice does exist, e.g. to Dublin and Berlin.

Edited: 8:28 am, January 13, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Wizz air Luton to Brno?

Edited: 8:51 am, January 13, 2013
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

It's not Stansted. And it's not a daily flight which is what I need.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Wow, just saying guys!! and Mickt I dont think inflated extras is a ridiculous comment, in fact I would go so far as to say that as you have already said everyone knows that Ryanair makes its profits with the add ons that are very often more expensive than others and offer less value, ie: less baggage weight etc, and I see that you obviously know their prices as well I do.

I always weigh up the cost of extras against flights etc to get the best deal, believe it or not Mickt my old china I have been doing this some time myself....I was just making a valid observation that Ryanairs starting prices are more expensive this year, and I monitor them closely all year round. So common sense dictates that with the dearer add ons this will not offer the same value for money.

I have often been a staunch defender of ryanair and hold to the same views as yourself that you see the prices and take your chances, but I would not throw cheap and tacky insults at someone just for "saying".

But if thats what floats your boat mate then God bless you anyway.

Happy travelling all.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

"I dont think inflated extras is a ridiculous comment, in fact I would go so far as to say that as you have already said everyone knows that Ryanair makes its profits with the add ons that are very often more expensive than others and offer less value, ie: less baggage weight etc, and I see that you obviously know their prices as well I do."

___

I'd agree it isn't a ridiculous comment too. There are those who fly FR without having to purchase hold luggage and can still get fairly reasonable fares.

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

If you think that is a cheap and tacky insult you need to get out more. I will stick with my statement about ridiculous comments. The prices are what they are and I find it laughable that you feel you need to start a thread saying about their fees and that flights are extortionate, extortionate! you really are joking aren't you.

So many people come on here saying they have flown for years, seasoned travellers and then come out with how Ryanair are a rip off. Look back at 15-20 years ago and compare them to now, this is one of the cheapest times ever to fly. I suppose it is a reflection of today's want everything for nothing society.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ryanair prices!!!

Hi

I travelled with Ryanair via Gatwick to Stockholm in October and the cost without extras was £32 return, then Ryanair pulled these flights. And so one month later I did the same trip with Norwegian, another low cost airline, they charged me £89 without extras.

The Norwegian plane was far more fancy, better seats, bigger overhead lockers, assigned seating but with two major drawbacks, seats which recline, which meant I had a guy almost on my lap for the whole flight and of course the price.

Ryanair's basic prices are still a bargain whichever way you look at it.

Jackie