We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris, will it survive?

Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Topic
Volaris, will it survive?

I just took my mother to the airport for a Denver - Mexico city flight. The flight was delayed for 3 hours. Their service was very disappointing, but the interesting fact is that for hours nobody "really knew" if the flight that was coming from Mexico City had actually left. Both in Denver and in Mexico City, the answer from Volaris employees was something like " We have information that the flight is in the air". Interestingly, some passengers were (not me) were informed in advance by phone that their flight would be delayed, but that the screen at the airport would not report it (?????). Everyone said, "we have been informed that the plane is already on its way", but a plane tracker system like Kayak and others, had a warning sign saying there was no information available. I mean, this is 2013, everyone can track a commercial airplane in their phones.... Calls from Mexico City asking if the flight had taken off? got " Shortly" as a response... What is that? I mean, an airplane is either in the air or on the ground (or do they get a little pregnant?).

I just changed the ticket for another date. I was lucky enough to be able to do so. Certainly, this is scary... and yes I had to pay again to get another ticket. I hope next week everything is fine. I've had horrible experiences with other airlines too, but I had never experienced not being able to track a commercial flight.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volaris, will it survive?

but a plane tracker system like Kayak >>>>>

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/VOI

I think you would have a better chance of tracking a flight with this site than Kayak which is a booking engine

Edited: 12:04 am, January 13, 2013
2. Re: Volaris, will it survive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 15, 2014