We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelocity, did i screw up???

ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
travelocity, did i screw up???

i booked a couple flights with travelocity and just now went looking for reviews (wasn't THAT the backwards way to do it). saw plenty of un-flattering customer service posts. of course its booked/paid, no refunds so...

What i found was that lots of folks have had good luck. but some who have had bad luck and it's been a nightmare.

i have booked connecting flights to Australia thru LAX. different carriers (co-share, all thru AA). regular flights so hope for no issue but...

i dunno if i can spend a month and a half worrying about this. shoulda paid more and booked with the airline i guess but too late now

i visited the actual airline site (AA) and it indeed shows the booking for me on these flights. At least they got the booking from travelocity.

anyone have some good experience with travelocity? especially if your flight had an issue and was changed but was resolved properly. most posts involve complaints, but i feel mostly people that have a bad deal complain, happy ones don't post that here.

thanks for your help

Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
599 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

You are signed up now. Just keep checking the AA site for schedule changes.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,896 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

travelocity.ca acted as the agent for the transaction, now it's a matter of you and AA and QF to get you from YYZ to Australia.

You should have the AA PNR (locator code, booking reference) for your flights, which you can use for on line check in, to keep an eye on schedule changes, and other Manage My Booking functions that AA offer.

You're right in that more people post complaints than good experiences, so keep that in mind and try not to fret.

As well, you do need to do your part, as every other pax: check your booking and email for flight schedule changes, ensure you get to the airport on time, have all paperwork in order before departure day, get to the departure gates in good time; ideally all will go well for you.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,430 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

I wouldn't worry about anything. You've written your ticket on AA and Travelocity honestly has little to do with it at this point. Enjoy your trip.

ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

thanks, i slept well last nite. still checked again this morning tho. i also refuse to read any more travelocity stories, just not worth the worry.

on the plus side, reading lots of Aussie reviews and deciding what to do. so pumped!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,050 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

There is one more thing for you to check since you are changing planes at LAX.

Either tell us which airlines you are using or check to see which terminals they fly from at that airport. Then look to see how much time you have between flights. At LAX SOME terminal changes require you to walk outside the terminal and go through security again so you need to allow time for that!

ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

fly into terminal 2 aircan, 3 hours 50 minute layover, fly out terminal 4 qantus (AA co-share)

shouldn't be any issue here i think.

home into international terminal qantus (AA co-share), out from terminal 2 aircan. only 2 hour layover. did this once before, had to collect luggage and go outside to another terminal. tight time i think but once i'm back in North America and holiday is basically done, not worrying me that much

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

I used Travelocity some years ago to book a combo of air travel/hotel/rental car. All went well -- no problems or surprises at all. As others have said, keep checking your flights to be sure there are no changes -- this advice goes for those who book directly with the airline. Hope you sleep better.

BTW, often you will find the same airfare prices on the airline's website. I often use the online airfare search engines or bookers as a first look, to get an idea of what airlines I should be looking at, then go to the airline website to book.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
151 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

I use Travelocity for air, hotel and packages a lot, domestic for work and international for personal travel. In over 7 years I've experieces some itinerary changes (always notified via email) but nothing that blew my trip out of the water. The last two times I used it for an international ticket the connection times were too tight and I was placed on another flight. This was due to flight delays and not TL. In both cases the airline got me rerouted and I received a coupon for a % off a future flight. I wouldn't stress about your plans. Scope out your transfer route in the airport, get your paperwork organized and you'll be fine.

ontario
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

it's funny, the trip is booked with American Airlines thru travelocity, and the airplanes are Air Canada and Qantus, so not even AA planes. first thing i did when i looked at the deal was try AA and they were high on prices for the exact same airplanes.

air canada, qantus, AA, and the local travel agent were all about 10% higher or more.

Also interesting. the flight to Aus is AA 7409 which is actually Qantus flight 16, yet qantus would not give this flight as an option using their multi-flight search tool, yet if i tried just a one way, it is available. maybe their cheap seats are all sold and AA still had some cheap co-share seats

the whole airline business is a mystery to me, but i'm goin!!!

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
176 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travelocity, did i screw up???

Just for the record we spell it .......Qantas.....

Cheers and hope you have a great time here.