We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP Lounge use

Fremont, CA
9 posts
Save Topic
VIP Lounge use

I will arrive London Heathrow using a United Business Class ticket. I have a long layover waiting for a flight where I will be using a coach ticket. Can I use the United VIP Lounge during my layover? Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP Lounge use

Not enough information to answer. What is UA VIP lounge? Routing? Are you on two separate tickets? What's your next airline?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP Lounge use

There is no UA lounge at LHR and would need to be able to access a Star Alliance lounge but I think you need to be departing in Business to do so.

staralliance.com/en/…

Fremont, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP Lounge use

Thanks for the quick response. I guessed that was the case, but thought I'd ask.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP Lounge use

If its a long layover you could always try buying a day pass to a lounge.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,500 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP Lounge use

Yes as long as you are a departing in international business class.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP Lounge use

OP is departing with a coach ticket. No free access.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP Lounge use

If they're flying Star Alliance onwards it's quite possible they'll have access if it's a same day connection from business class. I'm fairly certain all the alliances now permit this to stay competitive with one another. The Star Alliance lounge is pretty central to Terminal 1 so it's worth an ask, provide the onward BP and inbound BP stub and see.

8. Re: VIP Lounge use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 09, 2014