We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Hi Guys just a quick question if I may please ?

I am departing via Manchester UK to Bangkok, with a short layover and Plane change in Dubai.

It has been a few Years since I last Flew with them, and then that was from London so Manchester will be a first with them.

I am Booked in the Business Section as I will be having a meeting later that Night on arrival, so thought why not treat myself.

Anyway to the question .... Is there a place that I can Smoke as I know the New Lounge at Dubai is not the same as the old one, which I seem to recall allowed Smoking in.

I am aware of the Smoking places at Dubai, but what with the class I am Flying and the new lounge thing rumbling on, I was not sure

I know I will not be able to Smoke once through Passport Control at Manchester ( unless somebody tells me different ) so any advice and help would be greatly received.

And please no posts about how bad smoking is Blah Blah Blah

Thanks in anticipation

Cumbria
Level Contributor
131 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Can't help you with Dubai sorry but terminals 1 and 2 at Manchester have smoking areas, terminal 1 is through the food hall and terminal 2 you have to find gate 300 and follow the signs, hope this helps

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

you can smoke in Dubai not in the lounge, but there is a smoking room nearby to the BC lounge. There is also one near the gate that you will use for your flight.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Since when did EK ban smoking in BC lounge in T3?

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Thanks for the response so far

It is good to know I can have a few Puffs before leaving Manchester then.

Regarding Dubai and the Biz Lounge, seems we have Two different views. Is anybody able to say Yes or No to Smoking in the Dubai Biz Lounge please

Thanks

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

dubaiairport.com/en/…Lounges-Terminal1.aspx

Certainly smoking in T1 but click on T3 and there is no mention...

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
32,101 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

You can smoke in some of the bars, you will have to buy something but worthy for a smoker to have a puff

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

The question was about smoking in the business class lounge in T3.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
156 reviews
8. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

Ugh, the sooner civilized places like lounges are smoke free, the better.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
32,101 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

The question was about smoking in the business class lounge in T3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what? You don't seem to know whether you can or cannot smoke in the lounge either. The OP is clearly a smoker and regardless of the lounge, he might want to know that smoking is allowed 'somewhere' in the terminal.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
33,134 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: EMIRATES Lounges and Smoking

T3 now has lots of little smoking rooms dotted all over from one end of the terminal to the other.

I know you could smoke upstairs in the old Silver Lounge in T1 and I've often used the business class lounge in T3 but I never noticed anyone smoking there or if there was a smoking area as its quite big.

Try emailing EK?