We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

On the day before Christmas Eve (2012), we flew into Brisbane Airport and waited, as instructed, for our pre-booked, pre-paid AirShuttle bus to Noosa. It simply didn't show and we eventually had to hire a car to get there.

Since the AirShuttle company doesn't answer the phone out of office hours (when our flight was), we left a message in the enquiries section of their website whilst waiting and phoned the next day - to be told to use snail mail to report the no-show. We were refused the Manager's email address but followed up with an email to their 'enquiries' address anyway - and sent a snail mail copy too.

One week after their no-show, the AirShuttle company still haven't contacted us - no email or phone call although they know our mobile and email address from the original booking. No apology, no refund and certainly no reimbursement of the hire car cost. We guess they're in denial or just not interested.

We have the original email from the company confirming our reservation and payment; but that doesn't seem to mean a thing. Any ideas how to get a refund?

And, by the way, a warning to anyone planning using an AirShuttle bus from Brisbane Airport - phone before your flight to ensure your booking hasn't been forgotten.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Here's a link to QLD office of fair trading (consumer affairs) If you don't hear from the company you will need to start legal action unfortunately for you ... it could take a while. I would also suggest if you don't hear soon that you place a review here warning others. If they are a Noosa based company you might also like to make a complaint to their local tourist association. Good luck. fairtrading.qld.gov.au/make-a-complaint.htm .... http://www.visitnoosa.com.au/

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Hi,

A few common thoughts.. If you booked with a credit card, can your card issuer handle a dispute involving an alleged case of failure to deliver goods or services?

Also, if the business is a 'local' one, I'd assume they are registered under or regulated by at least one governmental agency-- Can that agency assist with at least facilitation contact?

Travel Safe,

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

certainly no reimbursement of the hire car cost

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't count on that will happen.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Well it is the holiday period so until next week I doubt there is anyone in the office working to respond to your request for a refund.

If you paid by credit card put in a chargeback for non supply. I doubt you would need to go down the legal route. I know lots of co-workers using those shuttle services and they have never had problems.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Thanks very much for your advice. I've visited their website and will lodge a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

PS: It's now over 2 weeks since their bus failed to appear at the airport and Col's AirShuttle have yet to get in touch despite our contacting them by post, email and via their website.

Regarding the suggestion of writing a review, I'm not sure how to go about that, e.g. under which category or even website. Clearly the court of public opinion works very quickly and cheaply but alas can't enforce refunds for non-delivery of services.

Thanks again to all of you for your advice. I'll post an update if I ever do get a response from Col's.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Lodge a formal dispute with your credit card issuer. If you pay for a service by credit card and don't get the service, you will get a refund.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

They are listed on visitnoosa.com.au/members-accommodation-and-… , You could e-mail Visit Noosa and let them know what happened. On the companies web site there is no information that they are on holidays ... apparently it looks like business as usual. As for a review there is a Sunshine Coast and Mooloolaba Forum here on TA and I would write your opinions there especially. If you go to the top far right of the page there is a heading "write a review" you can click on that and follow the prompts.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

This is just to report that Col's finally contacted us on Jan 10th. They emailed to offer us a refund.

Thanks for your advice everyone, particularly able58 whose suggestions re Fair Trading and Visit Noosa we had taken up - the latter on Jan 9th.

I guess the moral of the story remains to phone and check your AirShuttle booking before you fly.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Abandoned by Brisbane AirShuttle - how do I get a refund?

Glad to hear it all got sorted ... still should never have gone that far though. Not only did they stuff you round with not turning up they stuffed you around getting a refund. Seriously bad customer service.