We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak

Does anyone know why some airlines appear on Kayak and others don't?

Does an airline (or booking agency) have to pay to be listed?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kayak

I doubt that it's possible to find such a list. Search engines also work with agencies, they may add or remove airlines and not necessarily notify search engines. If you use Wikipedia to find airlines which fly from an airport, you can also use pages like these on skyscanner or jetradar: www.jetradar.com/flights/London-LON/… skyscanner.com/airports/…london-airports.html to see which airlines fly from a specific airport.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
521 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kayak

None of the search engines find the non-stop flights with SW that are available from Milwaukee to Las Vegas. Although time consuming, I think its probably best to search for flights on airlines that fly out of your airport to find out everything that is available.

colorado
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Kayak

If you use the kayak search engine to find flights

WATCH OUT for Vayama

My HORRIBLE VAYAMA experience:

I had booked a flight from Denver to Barcelona, Spain and then to Bergen Norway,

Returning from Bergen to Denver. I was going to visit my son in Barcelona. He decided to come home early so I didn't want to go to Barcelona by myself, as I was meeting up with my friend in Norway.

When I tried to change the flight cutting out the Barcelona section on a Saturday, they told me it would take 48 hours to confirm the change request. I had found the flights, a very easy change. Den -Bergen, Bergen back to Denver. I booked a British airways flight. I called them, they could have done it that day. I couldnt get BA to change the tickets because i had booked through vayama. I had to use vayama to change the tickets. On that Saturday it would have been very little change in price -(not including the $375 change fee, $275 for BA, $100 for vayama).

On Sunday I called, they were still working on it. On Monday I called, price had gone up $200, they said the change request had been lost and they had to start over. Another 48 wait period, though they told me they would give $50 off my vayama change fee as

A way of saying sorry for their mistake. (They never did take this $50 off by the way)

Tuesday I call, ticket price another$200 more so now $400 more. They can't do anything. I call again at 2am and actually reach India where they make the reservations and the operator told me he could make the reservation right then and there for the lower price. I was supposed to have received a confirmation request, which i signed. What a relief I think. But by Wednesday I still had not gotten my final confirmation and the price had gone up to $500 more. Finally someone made sure I would get my ticket. But at the ~$500 price+ the $375 change fee.

Absolutely ludicrous. I've never been able to call any travel agency nor airline and not be able to change the ticket right then and there. To have to wait almost a week with hours on the phone working with completely incompetent travel agents and THEN have to pay $500 when it was their fault is absolutely ludicrous. I WILL NEVER USE VAYAMA AGAIN. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that when I spoke to the agents to make the change reservation they would give me one price but until the company would send me the confirmation it could change- by a lot!!! And the confirmation sent from the company came the next day.

How come it takes one push of a button to buy the ticket, but then when you want to change they make you jump through all those hoops and wait so long???

14. Re: Kayak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2014