We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Airways A777-300

I understood that Thai refurbished their fleet recently.

I am not sure what they refurbished in their cabins. The flight on the JNB to BKK run had the same old worn out seats and malfunctioning seat back screens. Was I just unlucky to be on the last non-refurbished 777? Was hoping to have the comfort of a flat bed seat at long last. Tks for feedback.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,659 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airways A777-300

Hi,

I will bet that was on a -300ER... The other -300 non-ER's are 2-cabin only and are company owned.

Thai is returning to Jet (the lessor) Airways of India, 5 of these models (3-cabin ER's) progressively thru 2013 and will be replaced them on a 1:1 basis, with new 3-cabin -300ER's from a different lessor..

The outgoing -300ER's were not (and will not be) refurbished ahead of their imminent return to Jet. The new incoming -300ER's will come configured with TG's current generation cabins.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 8:42 am, December 28, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airways A777-300

Tks for your reply. Yes, it was the. ..ER and no doubt it will be on my return flight in a few weeks.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,659 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airways A777-300

Hi,

It probably will.. However, Thai is somewhat (in)famous for last minute "tail" swaps or the last minute change of planned aircraft.. So, there's still some hope, but I suspect that it's a small shot.

The larger issue with Thai is that for the next 2 years or so, there will be a fair bit of fleet shift going on-- as some planes leave (like the A330's) the fleet entirely, and new models replace them.... and as that happens, there will be a natural re-assessment by TG's management group about what each particular route should have for it's planned an aircraft.

Travel Safe,

4. Re: Thai Airways A777-300

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 02, 2014