We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying in winter - stopover in MKE or DEN

New York
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Topic
Flying in winter - stopover in MKE or DEN

I don't usually fly in the winter, however have done so from NY to a warm climate. Now we are flying in Jan. to Las Vegas with Southwest. There are no nonstops and consequently my only choice is to stop in Denver or Milwaukee. Which would be the better choice weatherwise?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying in winter - stopover in MKE or DEN

Both are able to handle flights in the winter, they have been doing so for a long time. Either could get hit with a major storm and if so you and thousands of others would have to be re routed or wait till you could fly.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying in winter - stopover in MKE or DEN

I'd probably fly non-stop for $169 on Virgin America.

3. Re: Flying in winter - stopover in MKE or DEN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, December 17, 2013