We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porter Airline sales

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Porter Airline sales

You would see ticket sales from time to time from Porter Airline. Please don't be fooled by that! I just realized that myself which was a big surprise.

I was watching for tickets from Chicago to Toronto on their website few days ago. I got a price $185 return that day. It was very cheap! I told my friend right way to tell him if he want to book it. Few days later, my friend had not booked ticket, but the airline now having "50% off sale". I checked ticket again, now the cheapest fare is $294 return. It's after "50% off base fare".

So please don't be fooled by their ad saying it's the biggest sale of the year. It's just the biggest time to trick YOU!

I think as nowadays air travel is not a pleasant thing to do, I found people who likes Porter Airline not necessary that they like Porter, it's because they hate Air Canada.

As for the airport vs. environment.

I live at Harbour front right at edge of water on 28th floor. You would think high up with lake view must have good air from lakeside. NO! I have a balcony with a table and chairs outside. I have to clean my table everyday. My paper towel is black! Think about it over, we should not be surprised: airplane is the the biggest polluter for the air quality in terms of our daily life.

I travel a lot. Sometimes I see some flights only carry few passengers and without reduce the ticket price. That fact is just spoken for its self: profit first.

Greedy!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porter Airline sales

Hi,

"profit first. Greedy!"

==> As Porter is a for-profit enterprise-- as compared to a not-for-profit or State Enterprise, isn't there an inherent expectation, or a fiduciary responsibility on Porter's management team to their shareholders to seek maximum return on invested equity?

"airplane is the the biggest polluter for the air quality in terms of our daily life. "

==> Out of curiosity, do you have independently verifiable data to back that up?

Travel Safe,

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porter Airline sales

OP - what does your apartment and cleaning a table have to do with Porter Airlines?

I am confused as to the main point of your post.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porter Airline sales

Gracie, OP essentially lives across a bit of water from the Island airport that Porter uses. Unfortunately they seem to be ignoring the pollution from the 3 million people immediately at their back as well as all the industry, just up wind from them, and the major freeway at their feet. Oh... and I should also mention the nearby hospitals who incinerate at night.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porter Airline sales

I just had a good experience with a Porter seat sale.

I mostly fly Air Canada and the other Star Alliance partners, but on Friday night, I booked 2 tickets with Porter. They're the only airline serving YTM, which is where we need to get to, so I gave them a try.

I awoke Saturday morning to find an e-mail advertising a seat sale, and the tickets I booked had dropped by about 40%. Because it had been less than 24hrs since booking, I called them up and didn't get any hassle getting a credit for the difference in fare. So I would disagree that they're trying 'to trick you' when they advertise a sale.

As for your friend finding higher ticket prices, perhaps all of the cheaper fare classes were sold out on the particular flight he wanted to fly on. Airline seats are a limited quantity.

Edited: 8:50 pm, December 03, 2012
5. Re: Porter Airline sales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, December 17, 2013