We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
301 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

I have read here that Hawaiian gets good reviews, but I have been unable to find any reviews of Go. Any opinions? Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Do you have google on your computer?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/go-airlines-honolulu

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,517 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Hi,

Compared to Hawai'ian, Go! is a new entrant to the Hawai'i market..

Also do know that Go! also tends to attract some passionate viewpoints in light of closure of what was then, the island's #2 carrier- Aloha Airlines..

I've flown Go! several times and HA more times than I can count (I am a Hawai'i resident).. Given that most all inter-island markets are in the :60 or less range, I personally do not find a whole lot of differentiation between them.. Yes, HA tends to have more frequency, and in major markets, uses larger aircraft, but again, given that the flight times are short (sub- one hour) I find that these flights are very utilitarian in nature.

If it were me, I'd take whomever presents you the best fare and times.

Travel Safe,

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

When I wrote this simple request, I wondered how long it would take for someone to find fault and post a snide/sarcastic response. It didn't take long - barely 12 minutes.

GOPBI - Thank you or your helpful comment.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

It took me about 12 seconds to find reviews of Go airlines.....

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Aloha, Jed3,

Come on over to the Hawaii forums. You'll find some lively discussions about the various island airlines and plenty of opinions.

I prefer HA, for numerous reasons.

Which island(s) will you be visiting?

Aloha

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

For our short OGG-KOA flight next January, we chose based largely on the type of plane. Preferred the larger ones used by HA. To others, it doesn't matter. Also carry-on and checked baggage rules are different.

Edited: 8:47 am, December 01, 2012
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Aloha, jet 83 and Sutter- We will be going to Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai, Lanai, and Oahu. Looks interesting. Mahalo for asking and the info.

Numbat - Congratulations.

Aloha 'oe.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

For our last HA interisland flights (back in April) we had a sched change. I was notified by email, a phone call and a text message, all with the new flight info and a phone number to call if the rebooked flight was not suitable. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

The boarding announcement for our HNL-LIH flight was something like this: " Hawaiian Airlines flight xx, to Lihue, will start boarding now. Please don't fall over each other."

You will find more info re: the two airlines on the (friendly) Hawaii forums.

9. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, December 30, 2012
Aiea
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian vs Go airlines in Hawaii

Bad experience on GO delayed and canceled flights in dec 2012. Take Hawaiian airlines or Island Air instead