We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at long last something to help jetlag

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
at long last something to help jetlag

https://re-timer.com/

flinderspartners.com/case-studies/re-timer/

I wonder how many you will see wandering around the airport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

We were watching the same news program! :))

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

Yep 9 news...

I would feel a bit strange wandering around in them though. I wonder if white is the only colour they come in..or part of the change process

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

Hope they make some headway in the market before it is copied

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,863 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

I know the light from the computer screen makes a difference to feeling awake and alert so I'm sure this headpiece would work well. But I've used No Jet Lag for ever.

http://nojetlag.com/

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

I've tried No Jet Lag - it doesn't work for me. In future I'm getting around the problem by removing the 'lag' - ie staying close to my timezone or removing the 'jet' - ie travelling on surface transport. Otherwise I just write-off the first week after I get to my destination. :-(

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

I never have a problem going to my destination in Europe last trip I was awake for nigh on 42 hours straight and coped travelling after the first night. It is coming home that is the problem for me a week later and I am still stuffed

Edited: 3:51 am, November 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

There is some evidence that bright light can be used to re-set the body clock, but I didn't think it was this advanced in its research. May well be that a little bit of research has been injected into the technology, but not enough to ensure it really is a workable idea.

Time will tell, and I suspect adversely

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,288 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

Following up on the small amount of detail, the researchers are legitimate and from a respected university, but any researcher who then develops something to sell and uses their own research to back it becomes a bit suspect. We need independent blind trials and a write up of the research that is peer reviewed. This research MAY exist but it is not cited.

9. Re: at long last something to help jetlag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 16, 2013