We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Emirates flight prices to Perth

Liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Emirates flight prices to Perth

Hi All,

We were about to book fights to Perth last week for late December this year. An economy tickets was about £2300 for 2 adults. They are now about £3200. They have gone up nearly a £1000 in a couple of days. There still seems plenty of seats as I put in for upto 9 seats and they were available. Does any one have an idea why or if they are likely to come down in price again. It seems the saver tickets are now the same price as flexi tickets.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
7,971 posts
85 reviews
1. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

This close to the travel dates, and traveling at peak season, I would not aniticpate any cheap seats becoming available. I'd look at alternative airlines if I were you... Singapore, Thai, Qantas, Cathay, BA.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
16,671 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

"There still seems plenty of seats as I put in for upto 9 seats and they were available."

The fact that seats are still available does not mean these will be in the lower fare buckets - Emirates will assume that those who've left it late to book are prepared to pay a higher price.

The cheaper fare buckets probably sold out several weeks/months ago - they could move more tickets into the lower fare bucket but nobody will know if this will, or will not, happen.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

The cheaper fare buckets probably sold out several weeks/months ago - they could move more tickets into the lower fare bucket but nobody will know if this will, or will not, happen.

I wouldn't bet on it.December is peak season for Perth.This close in if I could find a reasonable ticket on any carrier I would jump on it.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
18,196 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

Do you have accommodation booked in Perth? It's peak season and I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say it would have to be the tightest accommodation market in the world ATM. The mining boom has led to a lot of fly-in-fly-out workers just staying in hotels on their breaks, leaving little left for travellers. Personally I'd see if you can get a place to stay before forking out so much in airfares- be a pity to spend so much to sleep in a park somewhere...(it's happened).

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
192 reviews
5. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

I would use the matrix website to search for other airlines and if you get a decent price go straight to the airlines website and book straight away as you've probably left it too late now to get a good price as the longer you wait the more expensive the flights are.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
192 reviews
6. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

sorry, forgot to post the matrix website link:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,128 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

In addition to those already mentioned others include Qatar Airways and malaysia Airlines.

BA do not fly to Perth, the only 1 destination they fly to in Australia is Sydney ( unless code share with Qantas )

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

You can use any airline to get to Perth they will just change you over to a Perth flight in Singapore/Bangkok/KL/HK/Dubai/AbuDhabi etc etc.

Get the best price and go for it quickly airline direct website do not use third party sites especially at Christmas time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

Qatar are starting to fly into Perth on a daily basis on December 2, so try them as they will have some seats available on their flights and there may be some specials.

Sign up for the newsletters .. actually I advise you to sign up for newsletters on all the airlines mentioned.

Emirates have 2 flights a day into Perth (3 from March) ... Singapore has 3 flights a day as well ... so with all the airlines flying in and out of Perth, there's heaps of seats. If they're all full, I'm wondering where this slow economy is coming from...

Good luck with your seats and hope you enjoy youy stay here.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Emirates flight prices to Perth

Thanks to all who replied and for your information.....really appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.