We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ba flight

jessieengland2
Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ba flight

Hi hope someone can help, thinking of booking threw thomas cook to go to mauritis in may 2013 they have a direct flight from gatwick with ba, just woundering what happens if ba cancel the flight ?

would i be offerd a other direct flight on another day as long as its direct or would they give me a none direct ? plus would i get my money back if i didnt what a none direct flight ?

any help or info would be brill thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ba flight

"just woundering what happens if ba cancel the flight ?"

If BA were to cancel the flight you would normally be offered an alternative flight which might be direct or not - you would also have the option of a full refund if the alternative flights were not acceptable.

I would also suggest booking direct with BA - in my experience there is no need for a middleman (Thomas Cook) for a straight forward flight booking.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,235 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ba flight

I was on a flight that BA cancelled due to bad weather in the summer and I booked another flight for the next day myself, as the BA desk at the airport had 100 or so travellers waiting to book new flights. When I contacted BA to get a refund on the new ticket all I got back was a third of the cost. They said they are not liable for cancelled flights (!) and to take it up with my travel insurance co. I couldn't risk not getting on a flight the following day as I had to be at work, so waiting to change my flight at the airport was not an option.

jessieengland2
Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ba flight

Hi its not just the flight it would be a package holiday threw thomas cook ?

Edited: 7:18 am, November 17, 2012
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,352 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ba flight

BA seem to fly to MRU only 3 times a week in May, so IF there was a cancellation, you would probably be put on Emirates, with a change in Dubai.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ba flight

Also look at doing a package (hotel and flight) booking with BA direct and do a price comparison.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ba flight

"Hi its not just the flight it would be a package holiday threw thomas cook ?"

If you are booking a package deal (air + hotel) then the responsibility for dealing with a cancellation rests with the holiday company and you might not get the same choices in terms of whether to accept alternative flights or a refund.

The key will be what is allowed in the terms and conditions of your booking.

7. Re: ba flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, December 16, 2013