We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat Club Class

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat Club Class

This is a question for anyone that has flown on Air Transat with the newly configured A330-200.

We have booked club class seats to and from YYZ-PUJ, our original seat selection was 3A,B for the return flight and we have just been notified by Air Transat that the return flight will be on one of the newly configured planes with only 2 rows in club class instead of the 3 rows. So instead of the seating of 2-3-2 of 3 rows it will be 2-2-2 of 2 rows.

Our new seats will be 2D,E. Is the bulkhead wall behind those seats far enough behind that we are able to put our seats all the way back?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Check out with www.seatguru.com

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat Club Class

^^^^^^^

Not too useful, as Seatguru.com doesn't have the new configuration shown yet.

Look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBse6WOCd70

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Thanks, I have already been on that site and its not updated to reflect the newer configuration

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Also here:

airtransat.ca/en/…

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Thanks, its hard to tell from the video but I'm sure they do

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Transat Club Class

I find that for red eye flights without lie flat/full recliners, I prefer to sit at the rear of the forward cabin, just in front of the bulkheads. That way there is no-one behind you, using your seat back/arms rest as a leg rest! I would gladly put up with a slightly reduced recline if it means that I'm not subject to someones sweaty foot poking through the gap between the seats at arms level.

Of course, if the bulkhead backs onto a toilet, then all bets are off and I'll pick seats slightly further forward in the cabin.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Depends on what you mean by all the way back, they are not flat bed seats but they do recline as per normal airline seats.

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Transat Club Class

Ya I knew they weren't lie flat, was just curious as how far they recline with being in front of a wall

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Transat Club Class

I have a few photos that may help you determine the distance but in my opinion I'd say somewhere between 5' to 7' inches between the back of the seat and the bulkhead wall.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Transat Club Class

we flew on the new plane for our return flight end of November and sat in the last row of Club Class. I don't know the distance but I had lots of room to recline. Pretty sure it was a curtain in behind. Also, one thing to note is the free headphones they give you do not work well with their new entertainment systems...volume was horrible. I was very happy a had a pair of mine along and they worked great.