We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Which aircraft is TOM 831?

We are flying from Birmingham (UK) to Cancun (Mexico) on Saturday 26th January 2013.

Is this a Thomsons plane or an ex First Choice?

The reason I ask is to understand the small chance of getting bumped out of premium economy - apparently Ex First Choice aircraft have 9 rows of P/E and Thomsons have 5.

We are booked in row 2 outward and return.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Darren answered your question over on HT.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Hi stevenc4874. You say in your other posting that you are getting exited about your flight to Cancun. I don’t know if you have seen this web page but it will allow you to follow most commercial flights and you get the plane type / registration etc. You should be able to see your flight if you check on the flight for a couple of weeks before you go. If it’s displaying too many aircraft you can create a filter TOM which will then only show Thomson flights etc.

It’s a great way to waste some time!! - http://www.flightradar24.com/

Phil

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

I should also have said, that if the aircraft type is changed, bumping is done by booking date, not row numbers.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Ley - I cannot navigate around the holidaytruths website - It is new to me and I couldn't see the question I asked! - would you repost that answer on here please.

So far as booking date goes - I am hopeful I will be OK as we booked in June this year.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

From HT

"Stevenc4874,

Welcome onboard

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM830/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Darren Wilson - Aviation Photography

Visit our What Aircraft? guide for general information on airlines and aircraft types used"

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Ley - Thanks - I'll have to play around the HT website to get more familiar

7. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:30 pm, November 12, 2012
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,185 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Perhaps your poor English explains why you didn't understand that Self Advertising/Promotion is against TA Guidelines. Reported as inappropriate.

9. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, November 12, 2012
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,185 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which aircraft is TOM 831?

Because it was blatant advertising and has been removed.