We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

We have an international flight from Atlanta in December. Can anyone recommend a hotel that has a shuttle that drops off at Terminal F.

Is that even possible?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

There are hotels that connect to the airport via elevated train.

http://atlanta.airporthotelguide.com/

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,634 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

I've stayed here (on the train line) and I thought it was a nice place.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60898-d1724006…

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

I'm actually trying to avoid taking the airport shuttle from the domestic terminal to the new int'l terminal.

The Marriott said it can take a 1/2 hour. Was hoping to locate a hotel that has a shuttle that drops at the Int'l

terminal.

Edited: 10:28 pm, November 13, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

Most hotel shuttles go to the international terminal. You will just have to call them when you land, because the shuttles are not allowed to wait at the curb there. Just find the airport hotel that you like best and confirm with the hotel that their shuttle can pick you up at the international terminal.

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

I've tried about 5 airport hotels....no go.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,315 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

The international terminal is a perfect example of what happens when you design by committee. While hotel shuttles are allowed to pick up there, they have to wait in a holding area away from the pick-up zone until you call them. I have heard that some hotels are just opting not to have shuttles pick up at the international terminal because of the hassle. That sounds like what's happening in your case.

So the airport's shuttle may be your only choice unless you want to pay for a cab to take you to your hotel. Unfortunately, you were correctly informed about the wait for an airport shuttle. I recently waited about 20 minutes and no shuttle came by. Plus, there were so many people in line ahead of me that we wouldn't have all fit in one shuttle anyway. I gave up and took a taxi. One problem seems to be that airport employes are using the shuttle to get to MARTA (and they have no other option) so the shuttle capacity is stretched beyond what is needed for passengers. That is a problem that should have been addressed long ago, though.

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

Any tips on what hotel is close to the international terminal that wouldn't be a long/expensive cab ride from the hotel...we have an early international flight.

8. Re: Best hotel for Intl flight leaving from Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 25, 2013