We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baby food / hot water onboard

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
baby food / hot water onboard

Hi,I;ll be travelling with a 9 months old infant to Taipei on Jetstar.. can someone pls advise whether i can bring onboard my baby's food/milk powder & my hot water flask filled with hot water?

thank you!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,616 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

Hi,

Jetstar as the airline has no explicit rules against it.. HOWEVER, you still need to make sure whatever you bring can/will be permitted past airport SECURITY screening..

In MOST cases, food for infants that are traveling is an exemption, but this can vary, so do check.. I think you will NOT be able to bring a FILLED water flask past security, but in most cases CAN fill it up with water AFTER you pass security.

I think you need to see what the airport security rules are at the airport at which you will clear security...

Travel Safe,

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

I agree that you won't be able to bring the hot water, but the food should be fine. I would think you can get hot water, for whatever your needs are, on the plane.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

I would suggest you bring the food/powder on and get hot water on board. Bring an empty flask and ask the attendant to put the water in it,

UK
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

In the past i have taken the ready milk packets on board that are ok with Security. I have also taken formula milk from home so that the little one could have a bottle on take off and this wasnt a problem (although security did make me drink some in front of them-yuk!)

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

Buy the cartons of ready-made formula milk or take some formula milk already mixed with the water. You could also take a tub of formula powder, buy a bottle of mineral water in the departure lounge and make cold milk.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,652 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

I would take powder and buy water air side. The crew should be able to heat the milk up. If you buy cartons, or pre mix the bottles you may be asked to taste them all going through security.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

My nephew flies all the time with my great-niece. They never had trouble getting hot water on the plane to mix with powdered formula.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

Are you flying from Singapore, because remember security screening is at the gate?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

thanks to all who replied :)

10. Re: baby food / hot water onboard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013