We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

Hi

I want to book from Oslo to Seattle with a Reykjavik stopover (told at no extra cost) I have been referred by Iclandair (the cheapest option) to the Norwegian site to book a stopover - Bestill flyg etc - I get the gist BUT after I have done the necessaries and when I go to the next step it tells me there is a problem. (I'm not Norwegian but...)

Anyone throw a light on this please - i.e. how to book it without going to my Travel agent. I'm determined not to give up (even at my aged age!)

cheers Lou :)

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

It would help a bit if you wrote whta the site says the problem is.

But I tried to make a dummy booking myself both on the US and the Norwegian site, and get the same error message on both sites. It only appears when trying to book a one-way trip with a stopover with the error messages:

* Please provide us with an arrival city and try again. (10025)

* We cannot process the request for the departure date you selected. Please check your entry and try again. (10030)

When looking at return trips the booking goes on without a hitch so it might look like Icelandair has a bug in their booking system when it comes to booking a one-way with a stopover.

Don't know why they sent you to the Norwegian site, as the US site works just as well.

So if it's a one-way you're looking at just book two separate tickets, on the random dates in March I was looking at the price differance between two singles (OSL-KEF and KEF-SEA as compared to OSL-SEA) was just US$3. You could also look at other airlines, both SAS (www.flysas.com) and Norwegian (www.norwegian.com) fly between Oslo and Reykjavik. Between KEF and SEA Icelandair is the only direct option.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

I would give them a call, if there's a problem with the site they'll book it for you over the phone with no extra charge.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

Agree with Chrella. I had a problem booking the stopover in Reykjavik on their website when I wanted to book. I called Icelandair and booked over the telephone - they didn't charge the extra for booking over the phone because I explained the website wouldn't work for me.

ktown

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

thanks for your help - I was on Icelandicair - I had emailed them my problem and they told me the steps to go through alas.....

I will ring them (cost an arm and a leg from New Zealand)

cheers Lou :)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

The cost to call is unfortunate. I didn't realize that. It didn't cost me anything to make the call.

ktown

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

Hi - Booked through Seattle site successfully

thanks for all your help ..........Lou :)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

I'm glad it finally worked for you. I hope you enjoy your time in Reykjavik - it's an amazing place.

ktown

8. Re: Stopover Flight help - Oslo to Seattle via Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013