We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

Busy planning our trip to NYC next May. Looking at options and would like some advice on connection times? Ideal flight is the 11:55 from NCL arriving at Heathrow 13:15. Connecting flight to JFK at 14:50 - will there be adequate time to make this flight or should we go for a later one? First time traveller via Heathrow.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,370 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

In normal circumstances this should be ok as your flights arrive/depart from T5 which means you simply have to get to your departure gate.

However you have little room for manouvre if your flight from NCL is delayed - personally I would see if there was an earlier flight from NCL (or later from LHR) giving some buffer room but I'm rik averse as far as connections are concerned and an quite happy to sit in the airport with a coffee having a stress free journey.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,386 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

Looking at a random date in May 2013 BA themselves do not give the option for connecting to a 14:50 flight from the 11:55 so they must not think it's a good option even though it's doable.

Personally I'd go for a slightly longer connection time - eg to the 16:00 to JFK or 16:10 to EWR - just for peace of mind

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

thanks very much for the advice - I think we'll go with the 16:00.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

BA themselves do not give the option for connecting to a 14:50 flight from the 11:55

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, they do.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,386 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

Not on any of the dates I checked in the middle of May

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

Then you did not check 13 May.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

You should be ok if your NCL-LHR flight is on time.The flight connection appears on page 2.

8. Re: Heathrow T5 connecting flight from NCL to JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 12, 2013