We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

Hi,

I am visiting the UK from NZ on my UK passport which will have less than 6 months on it by the time i start the trip.

I will only be entering AUS on the way back to NZ and on the UK foreign office website it says that is ok with less than 6 months.

Will i be ok to travel via Singapore? I am only in the airport for a couple of hours instead of actually entering the country.

If not i have 7 weeks to change the passport from NZ - i hope that is enough time

Cheers

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

Of you're doing an Intl-Intl connection at SIN, and not entering the country, it won't be an issue (you won't have to clear Singapore immigration).

So, once in the UK, get your passport renewed. You can get a same day renewal in London and some other offices. It costs the preverbial arm and leg, but is convenient (I've done two renewals of my British on family trips to the UK).

Edited: 3:12 am, October 29, 2012
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

Cheers for that

The aim was to sort it out back in NZ - by which time i'll have 3.5 months left on it

Just that i have to hea to NZ immigration in London to get a residency sticker in the new passport

I'll start reseaching some options

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

I take it you have a visa/passport for NZ?

If so cannot see there being a problem

Just check the airlines terms on it however

4. Re: Travelling on a UK passport with less than 6 months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 19, 2013