We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays Airfares

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
15 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays Airfares

We visit family in Puerto Rico for Christmas every year. I'm trying to buy the airline tickets but the airfares went up almost 50% this year!. Are the airfares going to go down, should I wait a little bit more?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,385 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays Airfares

Over Xmas? Doubtful!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays Airfares

If you are talking about Christmas 2012 I think you've already missed the cheapest fares and i wouldn't expect any significant reductions between now and Dec 25.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays Airfares

Airfares really go up starting around Dec 20th. Try different travel dates, but I agree that the lower fare buckets probably have already sold out, and there is no need for airlines to lower prices for holiday travel.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
15 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays Airfares

Just wanted to share that I was very fortunate to find a good deal for our Holiday trip. I did not give up and kept looking for airfares. I was able to find flights for $873 per person including taxes. (San Francisco to San Juan) with one stop in Charlotte. We only had to wait 1h 30min on each stop. It was the perfect flight flying on Dec 23. Last year we paid over $900 and we booked them in October. I'm not sure if I was able to find this deal because the day I booked them was a holiday (Veterans Day) but I'm glad I did not give up. All flights were on time, the vacation was perfect.

Good travels.

Z

5. Re: Holidays Airfares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014