We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick North airport lounges

avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick North airport lounges

Travelling from LGW North terminal next week and have the option to buy a ticket for either the No.1 Lounge or Servisair Lounge.

Any experiences on which one is better?

Cheers

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

No recent experience but this thread might help - it suggests the No 1 Lounge is better.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5643557…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

I've heard good things about the No. 1 lounge from my travel friends, and my experience with Servisair lounges elsewhere has been that they are crap. Then again I'm used to being spoiled and pampered by BA's lounges which are amongst the best.

avicov
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

Seems these lounges are quite popular.

I wonder if they will be quite busy at 6pm.

Wondering if its quicker to get food n drink at the restaurants?

UK
Level Contributor
494 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

We always use No. 1 lounge in preference to Serviceair

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

"I wonder if they will be quite busy at 6pm." - Between 4.00pm and 8.00pm will be one of the busiest times of the day for departures from Gatwick so it is reasonable to expect the airport including the lounges to reflect this peak period.

"Wondering if its quicker to get food n drink at the restaurants?" - The "free" food in the lounge is limited with the option to pay extra for a la carte items and as the entry cost is £22.50 per adult I'd probably just get something to eat/drink in the airport.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

When I fly Easyjet from North Terminal, I now use the No 1 lounge. I get free admission with my Amex Priority Pass card and am not sure how much admission is or whether it is worth it.

There are free drinks and light snacks and there is other food which they charge you for (at least I think they do) - not too bad but probably cheaper in the terminal.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

visited service air lounge 19 jan 2013, not worth it . dirty net curtains hanging off the rails, brown and grey decor makes you feel as if you are at an undertakers reception and the cheese and bicuits , scones and soup after mid day are just not worth the money, go to a supermarket and spend your money on something worth spending it on.

8. Re: Gatwick North airport lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 03, 2014