I booked a filght for a round trip from Pune To Cochin for Jan 13 on 15th Oct. And to my surprise, withing 5 days that is from 20th Oct the same Flight tickets are available for half price.
1. The site flashed limited seats available, so booked the flight in hurry.
2. There is no new flight added
3. No Specific deals mentioned on site under which they have declared this discount
4. The travel is still 2 months away, so is definately is not a last minute discounts for low sale.
I am feeling cheated, as we book travel in advance to avail low cost and not to get robbed like this.
I have re-booked my tickets with lower cost and now will be cancelling my old tickets which is going to cost me Rs. 5000.
I am wondering how can they change prices to half like that? their customer care is giving me standard answers as dynamic pricing system can change pricies any time. But there has to be some logic. Again this cancellation amount is something completely in their control which the can wave off. But no help offered by the airline.
Any advice on
1. Is this right on their part to change prices to half within no time and no specific reason?
2. How to reach higher level people of such groups? as the regular customer care staff is only reading back the rule books to me.