We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

Hi, I have travelled for years with Ryanair, always around the last week of June for two weeks family holiday flying to Malaga, and normally the flights which I booked the minute the routes opened would come in at around €130 per person, including all fees etc (no baggage) however last year the flights worked out at €188 per person, which was extremely high, or so I thought. This year the routes for Malaga have opened up for next June (last week) and the best rates I get are working out at €250 from Shannon to Malaga or €203 from Cork to Malaga. This is a ridiculous amount, and I for one will not be paying this rip-off price, as its twice what the flights used to be. We are supposed to be in a recession, and yet Ryanair are charging twice what they normally charge. Has anyone else noticed this trend or is it just Ireland it's affecting?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

For joe in the uk, you've passed nasty smart Alec comments on a lot of posts, over 29,000 posts according to your trip advisor spec, you need to get a job & a life!

Limerick, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
42. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

Hi,

it certainly is not that easy with Ryanair flights and prices. For example - I have been looking and ticket prices from Dublin to Riga and back. What I have noticed is that prices can change very drastically out of the blue - one day I check Ryanair site and I see direct flight for 33EUR. Other day I come back and see same flight for 89EUR. Now I am looking for flight in June, but all prices are up to 150EUR. I had noticed, that best prices usually are 3-4 weeks prior. Out of this windows and prices just get much more higher.

It has nothing to do with fuel - it must be just offer/demand. I have hear that from Ryanair developer, that algorithm behind calculating ticket price is tremendously complex and huge.

Reinis

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

Hi All,

I just wanted to let people know I posted the original comment about the ryanair flights being really expensive last year when I wanted to book flights (they were coming in at approx €250) for last week of June/1st week of July, turns out the very same flights are now down at €155, (shannon to Malaga) so they do infact come down, unfortunately I didn't take the chance of waiting, and I booked them at the more expensive price :-( ah well you live and learn. Anyway the lesson for next year is to not book the expensive ones, hold tough and wait, and hope the price comes down!!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
47,755 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

You can only hope though! Like many other things, how the fares go is dependent on the market. If the flight you want happens to be selling quickly, the fares will rise. Then again, if ther eis a burst of activity and then the rate of bookings slows down, the fares will firstly go up, but then go down again!

It's all a bit of a gamble! whichever way you look at it!

Ennis, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

I checked today on a flight from Shannon to Alicante.

Picking the cheapest days and dates I could for next 2 months the price was €230-250 PP. no baggage (return).

I checked from Birmingham and Stansted and both had the same day picked above on several flights for £60 PP No bag (return).

I know its further from Shannon that UK but 3 times the price... Irish are soft target....

46. Re: ryanair flights getting more expensive (from Ireland)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 20, 2014