We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Hi.

Luckily I went on Saudi Arabia airlines manage my bookings yesterday, as they have changed a flight I booked in march, for travel in 3 weeks. I've had no communication from them and they do have all my details on site.

The flight was from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow, stopping at Jeddah for 7 hours. The first part of the flight is still exactly the same but the second part of the flight now flies from Riyadh which is 8 hours travel from Jeddah and it takes off 7 hours after the first one lands.

What rights do I have, done really want refund as got tickets very early for good price. Will have to pay another 300 pounds each to get the tickets today.they have a flight that leaves Kuala Lumpur the same day and time and goes to Riyadh instead of Jeddah, is it not acceptable to expect to be on that one?

Have tried phoning Saudi but offices closed till. Monday and they have not responded to a email sent to customer services.

Thanks for any help

Shane

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,778 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Although I've no experience with SA airlines whenever I've had schedule changes imposed by the airline I've been able to agree alternative flights when the schedule change was unacceptable.

I find it amazing they switch the departure airport to one 8 hrs away - when you call them have your alternatives set out and politely insist they fix the problem they've created.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,599 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

They probably changed flight times or discontinued a flight and the computer rebooked you, very poorly. They do that at times.

Call and have them reroute you properly. You should not have to pay anything. It is a good idea to check the schedule yourself and ask for specific flights. You may also be able to do this on their website, but I am not familiar with this particular airlines web abilities.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

This is probably a computer-generated rerouting.

You will need to wait until Monday and speak to someone at Saudia. They will quickly realise that the new routing is impossible and should work with you to find something acceptable to you.

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Hi thanks,

This at least puts my mind at rest a bit. I'll ring them Monday, if there are available seats and they will Rebook on the other flight I'd be fine and dandy again.

Cheers

fl
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Has to be a computer's fault.

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Hi thanks,

This at least puts my mind at rest a bit. I'll ring them Monday, if there are available seats and they will Rebook on the other flight I'd be fine and dandy again.

Cheers

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Call them on Monday, the flight time between Jeddah and Riyadh is about 1 hr 20 mins.

Just call them and I am sure they will sort it out for you.

Let us know how it works out.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,161 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

A lot of SaudiAir flights land in Jeddah, and then go on to Riyadh, before continuing to their destination. Are you sure that it's not just got an extra stop? I must admit with a seven hour difference it doesn't sound likely though.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

I notice they don't even have the aircraft type listed for some of the flights out of Rihad either, so perhaps they haven't finished the schedule changes with your second leg in holding

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport changed by airline. land one place fly out another

Hi All

well all seems ok. they have changed my first leg of the return also to Rihad,

So fingers crossed all ok

Thanks for your help