We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Baggage rules!

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
138 reviews
Easyjet Baggage rules!

I have read Easyjet's bagge allowance policy and, as I understand it, I can take only one peice of carry on luggage. If this is a case (which meets their size restrictions) then I can't take a handbag as well, except inside the case. Is this really right? What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport etc., if I don't have a handbag?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20,646 posts
1 review
1. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

Yes this is correct,One bag means ONE BAG!, you could always check in a bag and take a bag on board or put your money passport etc in your pocket.

nothing to stop you taking a small bag out of your hand luggage once on board.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,326 posts
102 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

check your suitcase -and carry on your handbag

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,594 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

"What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport etc., if I don't have a handbag?"

I never had a handbag and that's never been a problem. In any case, if you must take a handbag two options spring to mind.

1. Carry a hand bag only.

2. Carry your handbag within your one piece of carry-on,

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
4. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

"What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport etc., if I don't have a handbag?"

When traveling my wife uses a pouch bag that hangs around her neck. Very practical for passports, boarding passes, money etc.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

Travelled last week with Easyjet, used a case with a zipped front pocket, simple.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
30,159 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

<<"What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport etc., if I don't have a handbag?">>

Put your handbag inside your carry on and take it out once on board. Easyjet are not alone in only allowing one piece of carry on luggage, and at least theirs doesn't have a weight limit.

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport etc., if I don't have a handbag?

======

You'll find at least 50% of the passengers on any given flight* don't have a handbag, they seem to manage :-)

In any 'case', as you already surmised, you can put the handbag in your case. Then take it out once on board, put the case in the overhead, handbag under seat in front of you for take off and landing.

* apart perhaps from the Sheila's Wheels annual getaway ?

Edited: 6:55 am, October 11, 2012
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,573 posts
8. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

< What in the name of St Christopher am I supposed to do with my money, passport >

There's a recent invention called "the pocket" which allows you to put small items into an item of clothing. I think it's going to catch on

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
138 reviews
9. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

Many thanks for your comments everyone. Think I'd better invest in a Rufus Roo jacket!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
19,003 posts
1,472 reviews
10. Re: Easyjet Baggage rules!

I understand your frustration. My wife has to put her handbag in the carry on case before we board. As soon as we are on the plane, out comes the handbag!