We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esta

Wolverhampton
2 posts
Save Topic
Esta

Hi, i need a bit of advise please, my family and i are traveling to Orlando on the 30th October 2012, i have applied for our ESTA'S and all have been accepted, however i didn't print them off at the time i just saved them, i have printed them off this morning and noticed i have entered the wrong date of birth on my sons application, i entered the 5th of August instead of the 2nd, they have been authorized and i have tried to change the date, but it will not let me, can i get away with it or do i reapply for it.

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,635 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esta

You should not try and get away with it as you risk your son being denied entry as the ESTA is not valid. The following is from the CBP website

"How do I correct a mistake on my ESTA application?

1. Information about your passport- such as the expiration date or passport number, biometric information (your name, date of birth, sex or country of citizenship) is wrong.

The only way to correct that type of error is to reapply and pay for new ESTA. You should be able to make a new application if your previous application was approved. Just go into the application system and click on "Apply" button. You cannot use the update function to make a change on your passport or biometric information. If your previous application was approved, the system will not let you reapply until you close your browser after the first try. If you just applied, and are having difficulty changing something, try closing your connection to the Internet, and then opening it again. You might be told that an existing application is already in the system. If any biographic information in not correct, the application is not valid and you must click continue to proceed with the new application. Once you submit a new application, the old one will automatically be voided."

You therefore need to apply for a new ESTA - the existing ESTA will automatically be voided.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esta

You may get away with it or maybe not. Who knows. Are you willing to take a chance? What happens if they refuse entry?

Only you can decide, a forum like this can not give you an accurate answer.

If it was me I would reapply and pay another $14 for peace of mind. After all it's a small cost compared with your holiday or being refused entry. I wouldn't want to worry for the whole of my journey.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esta

Yep, its only $14, just reapply.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esta

Mistakes happen,Its unfortunate but you will have to reapply...

5. Re: Esta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 15, 2013