We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

watford
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Hi

We planning to visit Vegas soon & booked on the BA Boeing 777 outwards & BA Boeing 747-400 outwards

Can anyone advise what are the best seats, i've looked & the front row has already gone.

What are the back seats like, can you recline ??

I'm not a fan of having people seat behind me but would also like to recline

Many thanks

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Have a look at Seat Guru - seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

If travelling as a couple there are normally 2 or 3 rows of 2 seats on each side at the back of the economy cabin. Just be aware that people may be queueing for the loo just by your seats and the very last pair of those seats may have limited recline.

It may not be that the front row seats are actually taken - exit row seats are reserved for Gold card holders and the bulkhead seats are reserved for those with a baby who need a bassinet.

Edited: 5:30 am, October 05, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,283 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

I suggest you don't choose the very last seats on the plane. In most cases, these seats will be very close to toilets and/or galleys. You will have a lot of people congregating in the area queuing, stretching, preparing service, etc. Also, you will be the last ones off the plane, which could easily mean another 20-30 minutes in line for immigration.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,323 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Best, IMO 2A and 2K, even those in row 5 at the back of the cabin still recline fully flat, but the popping of champagne corks can be disturbing.

surrey
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

I like 2A/K also - we both like a window seat ; ): ) Sitting there in a couple of weeks on the way to SFO : )

The champagne corks popping don't worry me at all!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

What class are you booked into? Stay clear of the last row of First Class, can be a little annoying when you can hear what's going on in the Club galley behind you.

If you in Club, upper deck is really nice, down stairs any Club seat is fine.

WTP 747 and 777 are all much of a muchness, on the 747 the toilet is on the rest left side so seats in that area arnt the best.

WT on the 777 are all the same apart from the exit row and the 747 seats 51-53 AB JK if your travelling in as a couple.

Check out seat guru

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Iveco01

It would be prudent if you mentioned which of BA's four classes of service you are booked in. World Traveller, World Traveller Plus, Club World or First?

Regards

watford
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Hi

Just economy i'm sad to say.........

regards

London/ Torremolinos
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Star clear of 38c on the 777, I had that seat and it's the last row of 3 before it turns to 2 seats. Both passengers and crew bump into the seat as it sticks out, very annoying.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Iveco01

My favourite WT seat is 28C. I would never sit in the back...takes too long to deplane, toilets are there, as the the crew rest area and galley.

Regards

Canvey Island
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best seats on BA Flights Boeing 777 & 747

Can any one tell me if the seats near the fire exits on a Boeing 777 200/300 recline the staff at British Airways don't seem to know