We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Iad to Fco

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
United Iad to Fco

Just wanted to see if there are others that have flown this route-IAD to FCO Looks like a 767 with the BusinessFirst Lie-Flat seats. Any input on service or aircraft would be nice-Will be headed out for the holiday time- Thanks for your comments...hope my expectations aren't too high for this flight

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,460 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Iad to Fco

Seats are arranged 2-2-2 in business with alternating forward or backward facing rows. Seats are comfortable and do lie fully, horizontally flat. I quite like them but the United service in general isn't world class. Their food and beverage is really quite poor, even in international F.

Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Iad to Fco

As far as I know, it is the only non-stop from DC to Rome which in my book trumps seats or food quality.

I've taken this flight, but it has been a few years.

Edited: 8:29 pm, October 04, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,458 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Iad to Fco

Just tried a dummy booking for December and the flight uses a three class exUA 767-300. As OP2002 says, BF are 2-2-2 with some of the seats rear facing. I quite like the setup on the 763, and I choose one of the center two seats so there's nobody to climb over (or climb over you) when needing to take a stroll. And I actually prefer the rear facing seats.

https:/…boeing-767-300-3-class

Economy has in seat video with rolling channels (not AVOD). Of course you also have the option of Economy Plus extra legroom for a fee.

My experience of United is that service is improving (both in BF and economy); the food is better and the FAs very helpful. Certainly not 5 star but a lot better than 18 months ago.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Iad to Fco

Thanks everyone for your input...I keep reading poor reviews on UA service and food in in BF...etc so that is why I'm a little concerned for flying UA..but as Stockholm28 said it's the only non stop to Rome from DC area.. I guess I should not worry and my expectation won't be so high and disapointed when on board

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United Iad to Fco

I fly UA BF a lot and have no issue with most of the food. I also would not fly on the old configuration with the cradle seats.

UA carries almost a half a million people a day. With that many you are bound to have some poor reviews (and some idiotic, over-entitled passengers). You aren't seeing a fair representation of any airline when you simply read internet reviews.

6. Re: United Iad to Fco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 14, 2013