We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

documentation error for ryanair checkin

Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
documentation error for ryanair checkin

I'm almost certain that I input the wrong date of birth inputing the 7th month instead of the 6th. The information does not appear on the boarding pass that I printed. As I am non eu/eea I must go to the bag drop/visa check desk before going through security. Will I have a problem with this minor error. I live in north america and am worried sick over this

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

I have no personal experience of flying Ryanair, so will defer to others with more knowledge.

But, I'd suggest you call them, explain your concern/mistake and ask if they can help. Quite a few people have reported on here that Ryanair are helpful and understanding in correcting user errors (mistakes with names on their ticket, etc) as long as it's done well before your departure date.

If you wait until you get to the airport, you'd very likely get the astoundingly high charges.

Good luck.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

Have you looked at your booking via the manage my booking section of the Ryanair website to see if you can amend the details?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest. All they do at the visa check is make sure you have a valid document for admittance to the destination country. It is quite cursory, and they certainly don't go looking into their database to see what details you entered.

You should be fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

Visa check is just to literally check you have a valid visa and that it's aligned with yiour passport details.

Is your api correct, I think this is more important, than the dob you used when purchasing.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

The date of birth is part of the API I think. You don't give your date of birth when you purchase your ticket.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

Can they not go back into the system and fix that? Normally you can.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

If you make errors on API with Ryanair you cannot amend them online (as you can with some other airlines) There is no online facility where you can recheck the info you have previously given them, you have to ring them to get it amended if you think you have made a mistake..

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,755 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

Just to confirm what Jayjan says, with Ryanair you provide your API as part of the online check-in procedure. You cannot add it earlier or later than that. I'm guessing it's set up this way because they require that everyone must check in online anyway.

Toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

thanks for all your comments. I think I will go to the airport ahead of time and take my chances. I cannot believe that they would deny me boarding IF I have made this mistake.....I do not believe that anyone has commented on being denied boarding for making a wrong entry either expiry date etc which I am sure has been done at some point by someone. . if the passport is valid and correct that is the important thing. There is no age requirement to enter spain unless you are a minor travelling alone so dob is usually used to check age of infants or children.. surely from all the millions of people that have travelled I don't think anyone here has commented on being denied boarding for making a minor faux as I may have done.. I only see charges for name changes which affects the entire passport entry. .I am who I am and my passport proves it and to carry this beyond the point of reason is silly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: documentation error for ryanair checkin

Ok, well that's slightly different to "worried sick" lol.