We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eDreams fraud...?

Tel Aviv, Israel
1 post
Save Topic
eDreams fraud...?

I booked flights (the most expensive itinerary I have ever bought) with eDreams. I paid the whole sum (1519$ including their hidden costs) by Paypal, However, I received a message from eDreams that the payment could not be processed and that I should pay by bank transfer!!! I double checked with Paypal - the money has been transfered safely to eDreams Paypal account at the time of the purchase...

bottom line: 10 days before the flights I paid the full amount for:

NO MONEY AND NO TICKETS!!!

all attempts to contact them failed!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Just search for eDreams in here. Numerous instances of incompetence and duplicity. Sorry but you may have have paid the price for not researching companies that promise unfeasible low prices beforehand.

Why is it that people who can least afford to lose money seem to be those who are most careless at checking who they are spending it with?

You'll have to keep phoning, at least you have ten days. You could also try paypal and see if they will refund, but IME they are also incompetent. Pity you didn't use a credit card.

Lots of lessons here for others who sadly will also likely only come here after the event :-(

Edited: 3:27 am, October 03, 2012
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,073 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Hi

Contact the airlines you think you have made bookings with to check that edreams have definitely not passed on the reservations.

Get printouts of the PayPal payment to them and email and post them special delivery to edreams. Continue phoning.

Good luck

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eDreams fraud...?

I'm not an expert on Paypal but unless you send the money as a gift (which I assume you didn't), I believe you should be able to open a dispute with Paypal. Do NOT agree to pay with bank transfer.

Some info here:

http://tinyurl.com/c5oaw34

Edited: 7:06 am, October 03, 2012
australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Do as Lex says post haste, Do not send money via bank transfer

Send Paypal a copy of the email from Edreams stating payment not received with your dispute and get your money back

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,835 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eDreams fraud...?

If in fact you paid thru PayPal your money is safe. Forget edreams and contact PayPal now. They will open a case and do the investigation on your behalf. edreams will have so many days to respond to the PayPal inquiry.

DO NOT wire transfer money to edreams!!

Edited: 8:27 am, October 03, 2012
USA
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Hi IritHS,

Could you send an email to: edreams.onrep.en@edreams.com Our customer representatives will get back to you with an explanation and more information about your case.

Thank you

eDreams

PA
Level Contributor
59 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eDreams fraud...?

#6 reply is rather strange!!! Why did not eDreams directly contact IritHS or even better live up o their contract and get the tickets. Is this a double fraud i.e. of IritHS and TA and thus no fraud at all since 2 wrongs make a right in eDreams eyes!!!!!!!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Am in no way defending eDreams but it could be that they do not know who has posted the complaint. They could PM IritHS direct but at least they have responded.

Lets hope they can resolve the matter.

eDreams do occasionally respond on TA to complaints...

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eDreams fraud...?

PayPal should never be used for more than 10$...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eDreams fraud...?

Why?