We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Sale?

birmingham, uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates Sale?

Hi all

I'm looking to travel to Australia (Melbourne or Sydney) from the UK in Jan / Feb for 3 weeks. Does anyone know if Emirates or any of the other nicer airlines (i.e, etihad, virgin, ba, qantas, qatar, cathay) have a sale coming up? Current ticket prices are nothing less than £850ish (as per skyscanner).

Can buy as soon as find something reasonable, but unsure whether I should wait for a sale or this is a reasonable price?

Thanks!!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Emirates Sale?

Emirates will be flying direct into Adelaide in November this year and I think they have some good sale fares on, you can then get a cheap short internal flight to Melbourne or Sydney from here. ( jet star and virgin are very cheap, you can get adl-melb for $40aud on sale)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Emirates Sale?

I've just bought Birmingham to Christchurch N.Z tickets for Jan/Feb directly with Emirates for £1150,

I fully expect to see the price go down in the next month or so, but flight times and transits to be less favourable.

I have been watching & researching for over a year and didn't want to pay as much as I did but realised I had to either sacrifice some extra money, or time from my holiday, travelling.

Sky Scanner is a good site to get comparisons, Also sign up to Kayak fare alerts, they will email you weekly about your chosen routes saying when prices are rising & falling.

When you have a price you like, if Emirates are more expensive you could try calling a few of the more well known Co's to get some price matching going on.

Edited: 11:25 am, October 08, 2012
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Emirates Sale?

Emirates already fly to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and have done so for a very long time, and soon Adelaide.

Look also at Malaysia, Thai, Vietnam Airlines, Korean etc

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Emirates Sale?

>>>>I had to either sacrifice some extra money, or time from my holiday, travelling.

You are travelling in our summer so dates reflect pricing.

When we travel to Europe in July/August we have to pay $2400 mark because that is your high season...Other times flights are around to $1700 to $1900 mark

Dates play a big factor with prices, there can be a difference of $800 from one day to the next. I always tick the "flexible with dates" option if available to get a wide range of travel dates and prices.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Emirates Sale?

I'm on the Emirates newsletter and received a few recently with specials .. and they're great prices. Pity I can't travle at the moment, or I'd be off...!

From April they will code share with Qantas .. .so some flights could be on a Qantas aircraft from Dubai. All still up in the air, but that's the latest news.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,827 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Emirates Sale?

The best way to get a good airfare, is to keep a regular check on the flight prices, a few times a week at least & book well in advance as soon as a good fare comes up.

eg (although not with Emirates) I've been keeping an eye on Newcastle - Rio de Janeiro prices since June 2012, just to get an idea of prices for when I book my flight for October 2013.

I also keep an eye on Newcastle - Bangkok/SE Asia prices as well, with Emirates

Edited: 2:41 pm, October 09, 2012
17. Re: Emirates Sale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013