We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Hi..Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Caribbean airlines..we usually fly with JetBlue but the price difference is nearly $500 not to mention we get to depart a couple of hours earlier and leave for home 5-6 hrs later (ideal for us) and what about booking it through Cheap O Air.....any help would be greatly appreciated..we are trying to schedule a trip to Jamaica for March and since our resort is nearly 1.5 hrs away from the airport its important to get the arrival & departure times that suit our necessary travel times to & from the airport but also keeping the price in check .....Thanks in advance for sharing any experiences that you have had........Safe travels to you all :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,358 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

I don't know about Caribbean Airlines but I do know about cheapoair. They are to be avoided. Type cheapoair into the search box above and read for days. At least you came here and asked first, you're one of the wise few that do. Most come here later to complain.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

I have no problem with flying Caribbean Airlines. Good service, surprisingly decent food, nice planes...

Why you'd book them through a third party I don't know. Jamaica is one of their hubs (and you might find that you are on an Air Jamaica plane as they are the same airline... essentially).

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

OP do yourself the biggest favour you have ever done and avoid Cheap O Air.

Seriously, read the reviews on here and come back and say you will not book with them.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Thanks guys...they (Caribbean Airlines) are offering better flight times going to & flying back later then Jet Blue...I thought as much and knew that i would get the real truth if I came here for the answers...thanks I will not use Cheap O Air!...

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Ok, we're booked on Caribbean air..paid $400 less then what our normal Jet blue wanted ...the beauty is that we will arrive on the island nice & early 9:45 am..not to shabby..and even after collecying our luggage..going to the Sandals lounge and traveling the 1.5 hrs to the resort we're guesstimating that we will be checked in & on the beach by 12 noon...yea!! for the return trip we our flight leaves in the evening (7:10 p.m) instead of the usual afternnon time of 3p.m...thus allowing us more time from each end...thanks everyone for all you helpfull input..Safe travels :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Congratulations on being one of the few people that come in here to ask for advice *before* booking :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Glad you avoided the cheapo air heartache!

Would love to be on a beach right about now... enjoy Jamaica!

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Yea..no kidding.....I also found out that since Caribbean airlines ownes Air Jamaica we could actually be on one of their planes...so lets see it BWIA (British west indian airlines...Air Jamaica , & Caribbean airlines...does anyone know if they have actuall changed the names on the planes or are they operating under there original names? curious

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Caribbean Airlines and Air Jamaica planes are both around. A few months ago I flew on an Air Jamaica plane from POS to MIA that was Caribbean Airlines. It was operated as a Caribbean Airlines flight.

Edited: 10:12 am, October 12, 2012
Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caribbean Airlines booked through Cheap O Air??? help

Book direct through the airline