We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finnair

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Finnair

Anyone experienced Business Class Singapore-Manchester on Finnair ? Looking at trying as an alternative to Etihad which I would not want to use again. Thanks.

1. Re: Finnair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, September 24, 2012
Torquay, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finnair

Used Finnair Hong Kong to Helsinki and return and had no problems at all. Only lie flat seats A340 that was used for our flights but I actually prefer them to fully flat so was very comfortable. Food and drink plentiful and Helsinki easy to use. Finnair Business Lounge okay, we were there for 7 hours and quite relaxing although it was pretty empty. Would definitely use them again. Flight attendants very friendly and continually topped up drinks.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finnair

Many thanks for taking the time... not sure what the TA post above is all about, can't see a problem with my posting ????

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finnair

Finnair are now one of the best airlines in the world but having said that Etihad are also in the top 5

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finnair

The HEL-SIN equipment also seems to be A340, so the information in #2 should be applicable.

I have this year traveled intercontinental business class only on Finnair A330 and Emirates A380. The Finnair in-flight entertainment system is significantly more limited than the Emirates one. For some reason Finnair does not show the very latest movie releases, either, but at least the majority is available in English. However, most people are likely to sleep on the night flights to/from Singapore. Each seat provides an electric socket for your own entertainment gear, too. Finnair's wine selection was really nice and the drinks lineup included also a good Calvados. I don't think that the food had nothing to be ashamed of when compared to Emirates. The service is efficient but not effusively personal as is the FInnish style. I cannot help finding the retro 'Star Trek' style staff uniforms rather hilarious.

The Finnair non-Schengen area lounge is decent but not brilliant. Free Wi-Fi by getting a voucher from the staff. The food choices are a lot more limited than in the Emirates lounges. Beer, red wine and white wine are freely available, but as far as I could tell, you had pay for liquor at the bar. A special dinner buffet is available for passengers of the late Singapore flight so that they may skip the inflight service and sleep the whole duration.

Transiting in Helsinki is pretty easy, since it is a small airport and the UK flights are in the even smaller non-Schengen area. There is a transit security check, but liquids bought in the Changi airport tax-free shops are allowed as long as they are in a sealed tax free shop bag with the original receipts.

HEL-MAN-HEL is operated using Embraer 190s. Unfortunately Finner is testing a new service concept on this route until October 31st, and its effect on the business class meal has received scathing feedback on Flyertalk flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-plus/1352179-fin…

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finnair

I am most concerned about reviews on various traveller websites regarding the A340 'planes used onHEL-SIN routes. Time and again there are reports of IFE not working and the 'planes being old and rather tired ex -AF in need of TLC. I am booked on this route early next year and just hope that Finnair have taken on board the repeated criticisms for this lucrative buiness class route.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finnair

Finnair have 1 A340 ex Virgin Atlantic (built 1994), 2 A340s ex Air France (built 1997) and 4 A340s directly delivered to Finnair (built 2007-2008).

london
Level Contributor
55 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finnair

I have just done Lon-Hel-Sin-Syd Business Class return. The Hel-Sin was on Finnair 340, all others on BA. At £2500 this was excellent value, not much more than Virgin or BA Premium Economy.

No doubt the Finnair product is not as good as BA (comparing against BA, not travelled on Ethiad). But it is also a lot cheaper! It was fine, I would not worry about it. The angled seat is not as good as flat bed for sleeping but once I found a right seat position I found it quite comfortable. I slept well. The food was as as good, if not better, than BA. Maybe we were a bit unlucky with BA. The service was typically northern european - efficient but not overly friendly. The plane had the old bright blue colours, rather than the new light blue. Don't know if it was the old AF plane.

I - and most other passengers - did not try the IFE. It is a night flight, leaving at midnight. The selection was not great but I noticed that the BA film selection on the Sin-Syd route was very limited (again did not use it). I read my Kindle instead. Bring your own entertainment.

Transiting in Helsinki is really easy, quite stress free. The lounge is fine, with free WIFI ( we did not need a voucher). Great showers.

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
140 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finnair

Anyone know how early you can check in (Bus Class) in Singapore for the Sing/Helsinki midnight flight? Checking out of a hotel late can be a pain, so happy to spend quite a few hours in the lounge at Singapore but don't know how early you can check in for the flight? Any help much appreciated. Megan

10. Re: Finnair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 07, 2014