We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpha flight guru

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Alpha flight guru

I contacted alpha flight guru to enquire about tickets to Manchester from Sydney Australia .The reply a got was flights were available they emailed an itinery from Etihad airlines business for $5200 dollars Etihad price $8000 .I asked what the procedure w as I had to Put a $500 deposit this was for 2 passengers they email me the confirmed itinery I can then check with Etihad direct that my flights with my names were booked only then do I pay the full amount

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpha flight guru

Did you have a question ? Are you aware of the hugely long running saga that is the other AFG thread? tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k47785…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpha flight guru

Not really a question but I only read the first 3pages of the post and never read any bad reports from any actual traveller who had booked and flew with them.It all seems to be opinions no complaints of being ripped off .I have not booked with them as yet and most likely won't until further enquiries

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpha flight guru

"It all seems to be opinions"

Good lord, not this nonsense again. The problematic issues that were pointed out in the other thread are all easily verifiable. It has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's opinions.

I have no idea what the point of this thread is. If everyone started a new thread when they made a booking somewhere the forum would be quickly swamped.

Edited: 8:21 am, September 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpha flight guru

If you would like to book with AFG then do so.

Caveat emptor.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
102 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alpha flight guru

You are taking a big risk if you use something like this. Some have had success with it, and others have not. I wouldn't risk it. I would set my budget and deal directly with the airlines. If something goes wrong and you go through a 3rd party, it can spell disaster. At least the airlines will try and help you if there is a problem, and you can also get trip insurance directly from many of the airlines now.

Sydney
Level Contributor
19 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alpha flight guru

Wonderful that this thread is continuing!

Perth
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alpha flight guru

We have just used Alpha Flight Guru for a trip from Perth, W. Australia to the USA. People warned us of all sorts of dangers, but our experience was fantastic. Everything went without a hitch and Boris, our consultant, gave us the world's best customer service.

We would definitely use them again- wonderful company.

Maura.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alpha flight guru

People warned us of all sorts of dangers but our experience was fantastic

========

Are you aware at all of the of the concept of risk? If you place $10,000 on the favorite in the Melbourne Cup and it came in, would you recommend everyone did it next year? You did the same. Only difference is the odds.

Newcastle
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Alpha flight guru

I have just returned from a Sydney London return booked with AFG. All flights and connections worked well. The booking procedure was no problem, from enquiry to booking all emails were responded too quickly.

I flew with Etihad business class and it was a fantastic experience. The level of service was excellent and I would have no hesitation in flying with them again.

Edited: 4:03 am, November 13, 2012
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alpha flight guru

thanks for waiting all these years to make your first post.

GlennAF = AFG