We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hour layover at YYZ : is it enough?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
2 hour layover at YYZ : is it enough?

Hi all,

Planning a trip from YUL to PLS and I’m having a layover of 2 hours at YYZ (flying WestJet). I just wanted to know if a 2 hours layover was enough, and if we had to check-out/in luggage (or ourselves). Would a small delay put us at risk of missing our flight?

Any other tip is welcome!

Aero.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 hour layover at YYZ : is it enough?

That entirely depends on whether you're booked on one ticket and your bags are checked through.

Assuming you've booked a single ticket with WestJet all the way through, this connection will be as easy as it gets, and 2 hours is more than enough. Just get off the plane and walk to your next gate.

If your luggage isn't checked through, you need to leave the secure area, claim baggage, check in for the next flight, and then clear security. Do not book it this way!

As long as you're booked from YUL to PLS on a single ticket, your connection is adequate. The only concern is what would happen in the event of a cancellation or long delay of your flight to YYZ that caused you to miss the flight to PLS. WestJet is responsible to put you on the next available flight, but I suspect they might only fly to PLS once a week from Toronto. So they might have to try to do some creative routings or bookings on other carriers to get you there. That said, YUL-YYZ is a fast and well serviced route and I wouldn't be too concerned.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
577 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 hour layover at YYZ : is it enough?

Thanks for your answer. Yes it's a "single ticket". In fact I just booked the 2 hour layover (instead of just 1 hour). The flight to PLS is only three times a week and I don't want to miss it, although the YUL-YYZ flight is a very common one...

On the other hand a 2 hour layover is better for me because I sometimes get nauseous upon landing... better not to hop on a plane so quickly!

Thanks for your comments!

Edited: 11:46 pm, July 25, 2012
3. Re: 2 hour layover at YYZ : is it enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 27, 2013