We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada, WORST Experience

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada, WORST Experience

Air Canada is a disgrace to Canadians. Around the world Canadians are known for being peace keepers and polite however this airline removes any kind of pride that we have in our country. They treat there passengers with a lack of courtesy, not caring about their personal lives, delaying without reason, and not giving any sort of compensation. Overall I would strongly urge you NOT to fly with them!

Plantation, Florida
Level Contributor
675 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

Your statment would be much stronger if you provided a reason for making it.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

After you calm down perhaps you will explain why you've come to this conclusion, otherwise your comments will be dismissed as just a rant.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

o no, not another one who turned up late and was denied boarding, had carryon/check bags overweight and had to pay, didn't have the correct travel docos, wanted the plane to take off despite not being safe, didn't have meals/movies that were to taste, made them turn off their electronic devices, separated the family, wouldn't give them a free upgrade,............

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

The reasoning behind my statement is that I bought my flight ticket two days before the flight and when I reached the airport the flight had been canceled. I was put on the next flight which happened to be seven hours latter, there was no compensation and the reason that the flight attendant provided was that not enough tickets ere bought for the earlier flight. Today two more of my family members have been delayed by six hours. They are missing a day of work and once again not given a proper excuses as too why this happened. Air Canada is taking advantage of us, and I can guaranty none of us will ever step aboard their planes again.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

I'll step aboard their planes again...for every sputtery, one-post-wonders like you there are 10 or more satisfied customers. I usually fly AC - mostly overseas but domestically/US as well and have never had a terrible experience.

Perfect - not at all. Good enough - absolutely.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

'when I reached the airport the flight had been canceled' Hm. Did you consider checking in on line at T-24h before scheduled flight departure?

If the flight attendant (they're called cabin crew these days) said that the earlier flight had been cancelled because 'not enough tickets had been bought' then she may have been speaking tongue in cheek. I cannot imagine any crew member saying that to pax and meaning it seriously.

Given the state of the weather across NoAm right now, I'm not surprised flights are being cancelled or delayed.

I've been pleased with recent (late May) AC flights, and will fly with The People's Airline again.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

I loved Air Canada, great planes, excellent staff, why shouldn't i fly them again after my experience.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

First Air hostesses then flight attendants - fair enough, more and more hosts among the hostesses. And now cabin crew. What next? Inflight amenities and safety facilitators?? PC gone mad.

Edited: 11:39 pm, July 23, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

It would be a lot to expect from an airline "to care about our personal lives". May be it was another case of not enough legroom?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada, WORST Experience

I know It is Horrible being delayed, and 7 hours is frustrating. On line check in would have helped as u fortunately these things happen with all airlines.

Are you sure it was because they had not sold enough tickets? Usually the plane is needed somewhere else and this sort of cancellation happens well in advance.

I think saying they are a disgrace to canadians is a bit strong really. As said, schedule changes happen far too frequently with all airlines. Hence why we all need to monitor our flights regularly. I also don't think you can expect an airline to run based on caring about people's personal lives. Thats a bit of an unrealistic excpection really.

I would not let it out you off them, as said, it could have been any airline.