We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet

Easyjet are rubbish if you want reliability - just been delayed for 4 hrs for a one hr flight back Glasgow to London with no option of getting on an earlier flight etc - if you can get a very cheap flight with them fine but wouldn't recommend if can go with an equally priced airline or time is critical - apparently also have no policy of compensation so if it is going to cost you for late arrival/onward travel avoid! I will be sending a complaint letter when I get home.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet

Any airline can suffer delays - I've been delayed on BA, Delta, United and KLM in recent years.

Annoying when it happens but just one of those things as far as air travel is concerned.

The EU Regs on this subject state that airlines should offer assistance (phone calls/meal vouchers etc) during delays but there is no requirement to offer financial compensation.

…europa.eu/transport/passengers/air/doc/neb/…

2. Re: Easyjet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:01 pm, July 23, 2017
Edited: 5:01 pm, July 23, 2017
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet

Sorry for your delay but I don't think you can base the reliability of an airline on one flight!

==========

Exactly, a ridiculous generalization by the OP.

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet

All the easyjet flights out of glasgow are delayed this evening not just one! It's not the delay it the way the company deals with them - I.e. not a lot ! The laws one thing customer service (although nothing the guys personally can do here) is another! A blanket nothing we can do is not great!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,476 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet

When it hits the fan all airlines struggle logistically when you've got several planeloads of passengers stranded or delayed. Happened to BA last year when the UK suffered large amounts of snow over a two day period; same with KLM at Schiphol in the past year.

It also happens in the US often when serious wether affects one of the major hubs such as Chicago. It really must be a nightmare when there are thousands of misplaced passengers.

When it's happened to me I've just waited patiently or explored other travel plans.

Like you say, it's not only how the airline deals with it, I find it's also how the affected passengers deal with it too.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet

"All the easyjet flights out of glasgow are delayed this evening not just one!"

Probably a common cause though looking at the departure times right now I don't really see any delays on EJ flights from Glasgow. Not sure what you expect them to do. I guess you can argue that LCC's are more prone to delays because of the short turn around though I've never found easyJet flights to be more delayed than flights with other airlines. As others have, judging an airline's reliability on one case is beyond silly.

Edited: 4:12 pm, June 25, 2012
Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet

I take it you work for the airline industry then....

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet

here we go again!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet

Wonder what flight the OP was on. Worst delay I see to London today was 53 minutes.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet

What a surprise - the standard accusation that we work for the airline industry simply because we don't agree with O/P.